Sakunosuke Oda

The last book in the series was wonderful, but there was one flaw. Several pages had been cut and removed toward the end. Right before this line: "People live to save themselves. You will understand that at the moment of your own death."

"I have one regret, I did not say farewell to my friend. To the man who was my only friend in this world I live in. He seemed to have tired of this world and was waiting for death."

"People exist to save themselves, huh... How true..."

"I want to become a writer. I want to throw the gun aside, and only have pen and paper. One man told me that to write a story is to write a person. A man whotakes lives cannot write about lives. That's why I won't kill."

"Be on the side that saves people. If both sides are the same, become a good man. Save the weak, and protect the orphans. Neither good nor evil means much to you, I know... But that'd make you at least a little bit better. Of course I know. I know better than anyone. Because... I am your friend."

"I'm not interested in fighting. What I'm interested in is living."

"You won't find it. You must know that already. Whether you're on the side who lulls people or the side who saves people, nothing beyond what you would expect will appear. Nothing in this world can fill that lonely hole you have. You will wonder the darkness for eternity."

"I can no longer write a story."