Gintoki Sakata

"Unfortunately, I don't have a nice eyeball like you, that can see this and that. All I can do to pursue one thing in front of me. So whether it's the abyss of death or an empty void, I won't fight for the manju offered to my grave. I'll fight for tomorrow's breakfast. That's all."

"You're absolutely right. I can't do anything alone. Everyone has their flaws and imperfections, but that's what drives us to work together... To make up for those flaws. Together, we make the perfect main character."

"For a pregnant woman to give birth, she's gotta feel the pain of pulling a watermelon out of her nostril. For an Artist to create a masterpiece, he's gotta feel the pain of pulling entire galaxies out of his ass."

"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

"No matter whether you win or not, there's no meaning to war."

"You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!"

"Sake sure is nice. You can forget your troubles if only for a moment. You'll have to remember them tomorrow though, and they'll be even more painful than they were the night before. You can't run away from things like this. Especially from things you really want to forget."

"Don't worry. When people break their old selves they embark a journey to find their new selves."

"Happiness depends on each person. If you think you're happy, then you must be happy."

"Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo."

"When boys get to a certain age, family becomes a bother. That's how they become independent."

"Ironic, isn't it? How people without truly important things know about them more than those who have them."

"Goodbyes are only one side of the coin. You can't say goodbye until you've said hello."

"Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators."

"Even if you can't move anymore, or your back gets bent out of shape, it doesn't matter! What matters is what's inside! Not what someone looks like, dammit!"

"Manga endings might always end the same. However, if it comes to life. Neither you or I are mere readers. We are writers. We can change the ending."

"So what if the government collapses or the country is ruined? I'm not civic-minded! All I want to do is stand tall and live on until the day I collapse and die!"

"Nobody can take anybody's place. There isn't a person in this world that could take your place. It doesn't matter if you were based on me or have the same face."

"Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be. It's far better to get dirty while living true to yourself, than to throw away yourself and die a clean death."

"Everyone's carrying something that matters. You just don't realize when you're carrying it. It's only after it slips out of your hand that you realize how heavy it was in the first place. So many times I thought that I'd never carry a load like that ever again. And yet, before I realized it, I was carrying it again. I'd feel so much better if I just got rid of it. But I just can't bring myself to do it."

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end."

"The best way to live a full life is to be a child, no matter your age."

"Oh crap! Today is Jump release day! I forgot it comes out on Saturday this week! We have to go back!"

"Ah, I wish I could have a bankai like that."

"We're not going to sneak in, we're gonna bust in. To bust in means to go in from the front, guns blazing."

"When a woman says something's cute, a man just can't trust it."

"Every since childhood we've dreamed of being pirates. We're looking for the fabled treasure they call "One Pack", right Zura?"