Tohru Honda

"I want to protect them. I want to protect it. The path that everyone is following, with all of my power."

"It's true. I.... I wanted to be born in the year of the cat.....!"

"..... The reason people get jealous of each other is that thay can see so clearly the umeboshi on the other people's backs."

"If you can really remember how you felt when you were a child, even when you're an adult or parent, then you can understand each other."

"When Yuki-kun came here, something changed. And Kyo-kun, too. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's a very good thing. What about...me?"

"Mommy... Does that mean I was born... So that I could meet you."

"Because if you stay true to yourself and live your life boldly, someday, you might be able to meet someone who will want to eat takoyaki with you more than with anyone else..."

"The thing I want to understand the most... Is why Akito-san would hate me!"

"I want the fear of Akito in Yuki-kun's heart... To clear away."

"But... When were together, my fears... Suddenly fly to the other side of the stars."

"Thinking that way... Reminds you that life is FUN."

"I want to take any memory... And hold it in my heart... And believe that. So I can be someone who won't let those memories defeat me. Someday we'll overcome the pain... And we'll have precious memories."

"Don't say that! What's wrong... With being shameless?! Sometimes living can be hard, but it's only because we're alive that we can make each other... Laugh, cry... Be happy! If that's not a reason for being born in this world... I don't know what is!"

"When he smiles... It's so very gentle. And yet he blames himself... For something... Just like Yuki-kun... Kyo-kun... And the others."

"You're trying to find it, aren't you? I'm sure that inside your heart... You're trying with all your might to find it on your own... The reason you were born. Because... Because really... There might not be anyone who was BORN with a reason. I think... That everyone... Everyone might have to FIND one on their own. I think everyone might have to find it themselves... And decide it for themselves. It could be your dreams... Your job... Or a person. The reason you're looking for... Might be vague, unclear... And uncertain. But as long as you're alive... You have to keep searching for that reason. I'm searching too. And if I can... If I can, I want to find my reason... In someone else."

'It's times like this... That I realize... How much pain these people live with... Having been born possessed by vengeful spirits.'

"Being by yourself... Is scary. Being alone... Is a frightening way to live."

"A lot of people are too scared to admit that they're still children. They do everything they can to avoid it. So people who can admit that have a lot of courage."

"As long as you live things will keep happening! As long as you're alive wishes will keep being made!"

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person, so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you."

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea, I only hit you because I thought you were a stalker."

"Hiro-san... You can do things. You can be the WONDERFUL PRINCE who protects Kisa-san. Because inside you, Hiro-san... You do... Have courage."

"So when mom told me, 'It's okay,' I was so relieved. When she told me, 'There's nothing to be ashamed of,' I was so relieved, that I started crying again."