Please NOT POX!!!

Anything but chicken pox. Please...

My kid got sent home from school today at 10am. Now mind you his sister was at the nurse's office at 8:30 am, just after her AP US History class. (Told her she had to go to at least that one.)

Well little monster, other than more than regular bathroom trips, acts fine. But whenever his stomach bothers him, he acts normal. Just him. Because he spent the first 4 years of his life with stomach problems, he has a hard time realizing that this 'isn't normal'.

But putting the monster to bed there are  a few - not one or two - spots on his cheek. I didn't give him the chicken pox vaccine because it didn't work on me. I got it three separate times, then 2 years later had the worst case of chicken pox the urgent care had seen.

So send happy thoughts... the holidays are hard enough.

My nephew is seeing a neurologist about possible cerebral spinal fluid around his ocular nerve. 
I have 2 kids down (thank you God for Netflix and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.0)
My dad has been to the ER twice since Thanksgiving with Rotovirus and dehydration. 

And the anniversary of monster child's Autism diagnosis comes December 23rd.

Chicken pox is the last thing this house needs.
PS. My dad, he's never had the chicken pox. He's 76... I had it at 26...

PPS I am happily in denial drinking my nightly wine (a Portuguese sparkling white) about to write a sex scene. After that story gets violently dark. Those are easier for me to write than the sex scenes. Why? Begot me. For now... wine. Or whine. Fine... BOTH!