At three in the morning, he woke up screaming. He felt as though his teeth were all crumbling and breaking inside his mouth.

He tried to put his hands on his face to ease the pain. The only problem with that — he couldn't move. He tried to — but couldn't.

What happened after that? Steven couldn't remember, and it was Fiona who told him.

'How you feeling?'

'As though something ran over my head.'

'You don't remember what happened?'

Steven touching his forehead, a headache running naked inside, shook his head. He looked confused, lost.

'I fell asleep on the armchair; I woke up; couldn't move. That's all I know.'

'You don't remember what happened?'

'No.' Steven said.

He tried to remember, but all that flickered in his thoughts was the feeling of restraint. Everything else was a blank page.

'You were screaming to get him off you.'

'Get who off me?'

Fiona at once tugged on her bottom lip. She looked nervous and tried to avoid the question.

'What happened?'

A pause stood around in the room; unwanted, and Fiona had to break it.

'It's best you don't know.'

Now Steven was starting to get worried. And he began to think the worse; the old man had raped him again, and during it, he had blacked out.

'Just tell me.' He cried out, snapping his hands into the air.

Fiona did.

'I saw somebody who looked the double of you. You couldn't move, and that thing was on top of you.'

'You're saying I was attacking myself?'

'I don't know,' Fiona said, the image of what she had still stamped inside her head. Steven in a chokehold, trying to escape and that thing behind him, like a mirror image, stabbing and stabbing.

'I heard you; you were screaming. And when I came downstairs. I saw you flat on your stomach with somebody who looked like you.' She paused, unable to finish.

'You're saying I raped myself.'

Fiona didn't reply to the question. She didn't need to. Steven could see it in her eyes.

'Why the fuck didn't you stop it?' Steven snapped, suddenly on his feet, pacing the front room.

'How, you tell me. What could I do?'

'I don't know, anything, something ... Instead, you...'

'Don't you dare think that!' Fiona said, pointing her finger at Steven. She wasn't going to take the blame for something she had no control over. Steven couldn't blame her.

'I'm sorry. I know you couldn't have done anything.'

He sat back down, his arms shielding his head. Fiona went over to him. She knelt down and took his hands.

'I wanted to.' She said.

'I know.'

At that moment, her mobile phone began to vibrate. It was Chris. He had some good news.

The Church was finally going to help. They were getting their home cleansed.

Fiona began to cry. They were tears of joy.

On the eve of the exorcism, the house for the entire night was quiet

On the eve of the exorcism, the house for the entire night was quiet. Fiona and Steven expected the old man to come out, but he never did.

The following morning would reveal why.

The old man had nailed every door and window shut in the house.

It was as though he wanted to keep something out.