Chapter 81) My Bad P2: He Knows Me Better Than I Know Myself

(Mike pov)
After I got myself ready, I went out to my car and drive to EJ house.

Then I knocked at the door and it was EJ.

"Hey, Mike." He greeted with a smile.

"Sup. Lijah. So, You ready to go?" I asked him as he just nodded.

We went out the house and he closed the door behind us. I wrapped my arms around his shoulder as we walked to my car.

(EJ pov)
As we got in his car, he drove off to the diner. I turned on the radio to 99.5 and they were playing

"Something Different" by Why Don't We so we sang along to it.

Look at us
We could paint the perfect picture
About us
From your head to toe I'll fit you

They follow us
Yeah we make them think it's fiction
They believe it so I guess it must be real

I can read your mind
I know what you're thinking
I could spend my time
Feeling all the reasons

What they know about us
Doesn't make a difference
Baby we got us
We on something different

We on something something some
We on something different
We on something something some
We on something different
We on something something some
We on something different
We on something something some
We on something different

As we continue jamming to the song, we arrived at diner so he parked the car. We both went out and entered the diner.

(At the diner)

We ordered a table for two, then the waiter showed us our table so we sat down and looked at the menu.

As we're looking at the menu, The waiter came to our table & we told him our order then he left.

"So, What did you needa tell me?" I asked him.

"Um, I wanna know if you'll be ready to meet my parents." He said.

"I don't think if I'll ever be. I mean, what if they don't like me." I admit.

"Then that's their loss." He told me as I started laughing.

"But it's true. Like I said, I love hanging out with you." He added.

"And, you're more than just a bandmate to me. You're my right hand man, my homie, my friend, and not to mention, my lover." He admit which made me smile.

"Well, Since we're telling each other's our thoughts. I'm just gonna say, I liked being around your presence. And to not mention, you're kinda a badass, but my badass." I told him.

As we talk about our thoughts on each other, The waiter came back with our food & we thanked him before he left.

We started eating our food & i couldn't help but look at Mike taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Hey, Mike." I called him.

"Yea?" He says, still eating his sandwich.

"What do you like about me?" I asked him which made him smile at me.

"Um, You have a nice smile which I never get tired of seeing, I like hearing you sing, your pretty eyes, your sense of humor & your personality." He said.

"What bout you?" He asked me.

"I like your dancing, your voice, your badass behavior & your sense of humor." I told him.

As we're eating our food & drinking our beverage, My phone started to ring so I gave Mike apologetic look before I answered it.

(phone conversation)

"Hello?"

"Sup ej, It's Matthew Martinez."

"Oh hey, Matt. How ya been?"

"Good. How bout you?"

"I'm doing good. Um, Can you call me back, cause i'm with somebody right now."

"Sure".

"Talk to you later, bye."

"Okay, bye."

(phone conversation end)

After talking with an old friend named Matt Martinez from Kidz Bop 25, I hanged up the phone then put it back in my pocket til i noticed mike giving me the cold look.

"Who was that?"

"Oh, Just a friend of mine, his name's Matt Martinez."

"What did he want?" He asked, feeling alittle jealous.

"Um, He asked me if we can hang out with some friends, and i said sure. But, you don't needa worry." I told him, noticing that he's alittle bit jealous.

"Alright. Since we finished our food, let's order some dessert." He suggested as i nodded, agreeing.

We called the same waiter to our table so we can tell him our order so we did then he left to get them.

After we waited for our dessert for a bit, The waiter came back our dessert so we thanked him again then he left.

As he left, we were eating our dessert and after that, the same waiter gave us the receipt then we left.

We got in Mike's car and we were listening to "Matrimony" by Wale ft. Usher.

As we're singing-along to it, My phone was ringing & it was Matt so i answered it.

As i'm on the phone with Matt, I lowered the volume alittle bit so i can hear him clearly.

Then I noticed at the corner of my eye, Mike was giving me a cold look again, but i ignored it.

At the middle end of our calls, Mike snatched my phone for some reason.

(Mike pov)
I snatched Mike's phone so i can talk to Matt, " his friend".

(phone conversation)

"Hey, EJ. Are you there?" He asked, thinking i'm EJ.

"Hello? Is this Matt Martinez?" I asked him

"Yes, And may i ask who this is?" He said.

"This is Michael, EJ's friend. And, I would appreciate it if you don't call EJ cause he's in the middle of something." I demand.

"Um, Sure. Sorry for the interruptions." He apologized.

"It's fine, Have a good night." I told him.

"You too." He replied as I hanged up and give Mike back his phone.

Once I did that, Mike started asking me questions like what I said to Matt on the phone or why I was acting jealous, but I ignored it & continued to drive Mike back home.