Chapter 76) Used To Be

(Shad pov)
After my heart-to-heart with my mom about my past with Ciara, I realized she was right so I decided to give her a little visit.

(At Ciara & Russell's house)

I just arrived at her crib and walked to her door then knocked.

After i knocked at her door, I saw her opening the door which made me smile.

"Hey, Shad." She says.

 "Sup. So, Can I come in?" I asked her as she nodded and let me inside.

We sat down on her 2-seatercouch in the living-room 

"So, How ya been?" I asked her.

"Pretty good." She says.

"Same. Oh, I tried talking to you on the phone, but I think someone hung up on me." I mentioned.

"Sorry bout that, I think Russell was kinda jealous." She said.

"It's ight. So, Shai wanted to know if she and future can have another playdate?" I told her.

"Sure, She can come over tomorrow morning." She suggested as I nodded.

"Um, Cici, I needa ask you something." I stated.

"Yea?" She says, giving me her full attention.

"Well, We'd haven't spoken or hang out with each other for awhile. And, I was kinda thinking if you're free tonight or tomorrow, So we can catch up?" I asked her.

"Sure, I'd loved to!" She answered, smiling.

"Forreal?" I questioned, unsure if she's being serious or not.

"Yea." She answered.

"Ight. How bout we meet up at the movies and go out for ice-cream?" I suggested.

"Okay, Sounds like a plan." She said.

"Cool, See you tonight, bye." I said as we both got up for a hug.

"Bye, Shad." She says hugging me then we pulled away.

After that little visit at Ciara's, I drove back home.

*Date Night*

I showered and got dressed into something casual then I put on cologne.

After getting dressed, I called my mom over to watch Shai while I'm out.

Once I did that, I took my car keys and drive to the wed couple crib.

(At Ciara & Russell's house)

I arrived at the crib, so I honked for her to know i'm here. Once i did that, I watched her come out the house and ran to the car.

I opened the passenger door for her then she go in, We both buckled our seat belt then i started the car and drive off.

I put on 96.3 and they put on "Hold On, We're Going Home" by Drake.

As the song plays, we started to sing-along.

I got my eyes on you, you're everything that I see
I want your hot love and emotion endlessly
I can't get over you, you left your mark on me
I want your hot love and emotion endlessly

After we arrived at the place, I parked and went out the car then opened the door for Ciara. Then we walked to the carnival.

*At the carnival*

We went on some rides and we stopped for ice cream so i ordered both our favorite ice-cream in a bowl.

After paying for our ice-cream, We thanked the ice-cream man and went to the park as we eat our dessert.

 *At the park*

As we're walking to the park, I wrapped my arms around her shoulder.

"You know, It kinda sucks that we haven't hanged out for awhile?" I told her.

"Yea, But it was timing." She says as i nodded.

"I know it'll be weird if i ask this question, But do you still have jewel that i gave you?" I ask.

"Yep." She said, nodding her head.

"Good." I replied.

We went to the movie theater to watch the movie "The Perfect Match" . After that, I took her out to 6 flags then we went to the mall.

After that long day we had, I took Ci home.

(At Ciara & Russell's house)

As we arrived at her house, I walked Ciara to the door and she faced me before  going inside.

"Thanks, Shad. I had fun." She said, smiling.

"So did I, Cici. Um, I'ma see you later, ight?" I told her as I smiled back.

She nodded and gave me a peck on the cheek then went inside.

I smiled to myself as I felt the cheek she kissed then I got in the car and went home.