65 - Turbulent

"Do I have to come?" Alison groaned, leaning her side on the locker next to Emily's, facing the brunette and using both arms to hold her books against her chest.

Emily chuckled, searching through her locker, "My parents adore you, Ali. If anything, you'll love being the center of their attention for the night." She grabbed the books from Alison's hands, uttering a quiet 'thank you' to the girl who insisted on carrying her books.

"Well, when you say it like that you make me sound like some-" Alison paused her rant once her eyes caught sight of the new Polaroid picture that Emily had put up on the inside of her locker door. It showed their group of friends standing and smiling happily at the camera, the five girls out of the eight people group adorning mouse ears, with the background of Disneyland Paris behind them.

Emily turned to look at what had caught her girlfriend's attention, all while Alison's eyes landed on the swimmer's figure in the picture, not budging.

"Aria gave it to me this morning. She said she found it in one of her drawers," Emily smiled softly, studying the picture and finding herself doing the same as Alison, her eyes landing on the blonde in the photo.

"Can't believe this was last summer, and now we're heading towards the end of the year," Alison bit her lip pensively, wondering how taking that picture still felt like yesterday.

"Time flies when you're having fun, right?" Emily charmingly laced her fingers with Alison's, kissing the top of her hand. Alison watched her tenderly, unknowingly blushing in the process.

The blonde hummed in agreement with a grin as the brunette closed her locker and led the two girls toward the exit of the school.

"Ali, Em!"

Both girls stopped at the sound of their names being called, turning around. Cece walked up to them with a gleeful smile, a purse slung on her shoulder as she sported her usual just-came-out-of-a-magazine kind of look.

"How are you two? I haven't seen you in months," she said excitedly as she approached, smiling genially.

"You saw us two weeks ago when we came to check out your apartment," Alison replied with an amused chuckle, hugging Cece for a few moments before she moved to hug Emily.

"Oh, well then I guess it just feels like months," Cece waved her off with a smile.

"So how's living with my brother?" Alison joked.

"He makes me breakfast every morning, girls. I think I've found the love of my life," Cece playfully feigned a dreamy sigh, making both of them laugh.

"Why are you here at our school?" Emily asked in genuine curiosity.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me," Cece said. "I'm just looking for Mona. I borrowed her perfume and I need to give it back to her."

Emily nodded along, "Hmm... I'm not sure where she is-"

"She's in the library doing homework. It's just down this hall and to the right," Alison answered, pointing in the direction she described.

This conversation alone made Emily wonder just how much has changed between Alison and almost all of the people in her life. A year ago, Alison would have never even remotely associate herself with Mona, and now... now, she was a changed person. It only made her more proud to have her as her girlfriend that night at dinner.

After Cece bid them goodbye and left in her designated direction, both girls made their way outside to Emily's car.

"You know who's not going to have fun tonight? Me," Alison playfully whined and interrupted the comfortable silence, making Emily roll her eyes and fight a smirk.