16 - #Emison

"Are we all ready to leave?" Toby asked no one in particular as he adjusted the mirrors in his car. Everyone mumbled agreements and made their moves to get in the car except for Alison, who was too busy looking around the area. Just as Toby and Caleb were about to start their cars in order for them to head over to the nearby bowling center, Alison rushed to stop them.

"Wait, guys, there's one more person coming," Alison informed to everyone, worrying at her lip. They all turned to look at her with mixed stares of confusion and Emily was just about to question her about it, when a certain individual appeared out of the blue and caught everyone's attention.

Noel Kahn marched up to them with his usual semi-arrogant strut and stood next to Alison as no one spoke. Before he could say anything, Hanna beat him to it.

"What is he doing here?" Hanna turned to Alison cautiously.

"Noel's going to join us today," Alison informed, not leaving room to argue. The group exchanged looks of confusion and she prodded lightheartedly, "Well, come on, let's get this show on the road!" Alison grabbed Emily's hand and pulled her into Caleb's backseat, not allowing them to dwell on her plan. She glanced at Noel who stood outside the car and gently patted on the seat next to her, indicating that he should sit there.

As Noel made his way over to the car, Emily turned to Alison in interest. "Ali, why did you invite Noel?"

Alison sighed, knowing that, at least to Emily, she had to give a straight answer. "I practically found him sobbing on my doorstep last night, Em. He's going through a tough time at home, you saw how he was yesterday when he picked us up. So, I offered him to come with us. I'll explain to everyone else later, but you understand, right?" Alison asked hopefully just as Noel entered the car and Emily gave her a nod and a small grin. Alison let out a breath in relief as she grabbed her girlfriend's hand, Caleb and Toby starting off in the designated direction.

Once they got there, one of the workers took it upon themselves to show them to their particular alley.

"I need to go use the bathroom. I'll be right back," Noel told Alison and left the group. The blonde sighed, knowing that this was the part where she was going to be targeted with questions.

"Okay, Ali, spill," Spencer demanded, crossing her arms.

"Wait, who is that guy?" Ezra asked Spencer curiously, since he genuinely didn't know.

"His name is Noel. He's a good friend of mine but he's less close to the girls," she glanced at Aria, who she knew used to have a crush on Noel. The blonde turned to Spencer, "Okay, listen. Last night, I talked to him and he was really emotional."

"Noel Kahn? Emotional?" Spencer asked as though she had heard incorrectly.

"That's right, Spence. He's going through a really rough time at home with his parents. I asked him to come with us, help get his mind off of things. Look, Noel is like a brother to me, okay? He needs me right now, he needs friends," Alison concluded, her eyes turning uncharacteristically pleading at the silent request.

Hanna was the next to speak up, "Well, he's not exactly a saint, Ali. Everyone knows he's a huge player, he uses girls and then tosses them aside."

Alison felt quite bad for Noel, which she knew was rare. She understood that he wasn't the best person up until now, but he was really struggling to just get through the day. He reminded her so much of herself before she'd started getting closer to Emily, except he didn't have such a tight-knit group of friends, so his condition must've been worse.

"Just... Just give him a chance, okay? You won't regret it," she eventually said.

"Yeah, guys, he seems really genuine," Emily added in support and Alison found herself swooning at the sentiment.