63 - Stuck With Me

"You're not making any sense," Emily frustratedly voiced at Alison's back as the other girl kept her arms tightly crossed over her chest in a gesture of pure fury, her breathing becoming rigid.

The brunette had to reach a hand to her own neck then, feeling her throat tighten from the amount of shouting that took place. She was frankly surprised by herself, because the old her would have never shouted, let alone at Alison.

"Wow, Emily," Alison called out in a cynical tone over her shoulder, scoffing. She then bitterly muttered under her breath, "that's the best you could come up with?"

Emily sighed, exasperated, "Ali..."

"Don't."

Emily rolled her eyes and huffed at having to talk to her girlfriend's back like some cheap soap opera, emphasizing the exhale for Alison to hear, because well, the blonde just loved being over-dramatic.

The brunette's eyes tracked Alison's movements as the latter walked over and plopped on the bed, resting her hands over her face for a few moments, trying to pull herself together.

"Could you at least tell me what it is that I did?" Emily quietly croaked out, feeling small and weak. She hated feeling that way, but unfortunately, it was a given when fighting with Alison. The blonde had the power to make you feel fragile and utterly defeated. That was why she was Queen Bee.

"You know what you did." Alison blankly stated as she dropped her hands and stared up at Emily with hooded eyes.

Emily's brows creased in genuine confusion and Alison let a frustrated breath in reaction. How was she supposed to stay mad at the girl when Emily just looked so adorably perplexed?

Alison's jaw clenched hard as she restored to her previous mood because Emily shouldn't have been confused. She knew Alison better than anyone else, she knew that her actions would cause this exact reaction.

And Emily seemed to begin to understand what her girlfriend was getting at as her face finally displayed comprehension. But she refused to sit down next to her girlfriend and tell her she was sorry, because she was innocent. She hadn't done anything wrong. And with Alison looking at her with an accusatory gaze, she couldn't help but feel aggravated as well, her own anger building up inside of her until she reached a breaking point.

"Well, what the hell was I supposed to do?" the brunette all but blurted out. It was safe to say that sweet, naïve Emily had suddenly snapped.

"How about not talking to her?" Alison hissed, quickly getting to her feet, full-on poker-face etched on her, since inside, she was crumbling. This jealousy issue was proving to be a real pain in the ass for Alison, but she couldn't help it. "And when your girlfriend's in the same room!"

"Alison, you've got it all wrong," Emily commented back heatedly, her hands automatically folding over her chest as some defense mechanism. "I only talked to her because she was standing on the employees' side of the counter. I thought she was trying to stir trouble!" the brunette protected herself, too defeated to notice the way Alison shrunk slightly at the realization that Emily had called her by her full name, and not by the usually happy, ring-y 'Ali'.

"What was she even doing there, anyway?" Alison uttered in disdain.

"Who? Maya?" Emily asked innocently, and all hell broke loose inside of Alison once again simply at the sound of the other girl's name. She wasn't even in the room and she had the power to start a fight between her and Emily, a thing that almost never happened. "She was just there to visit some of her old friends from work, apparently."

"Right, and you just had to go and talk to her," the blonde rolled her eyes begrudgingly, "while I was right across the room, too. Nice one, Emily."