11 - The Date Part 2 - Lunch

'Did Emily just call me babe?' Alison thought to herself in astonishment as she stood speechless in front of the exit door with a stupidly huge smirk on her face. Needless to say, she was very pleasantly surprised by the pet name.

"Ali, are you coming?" Toby asked as he walked past the blonde.

"Huh? Yeah, let's go," Alison snapped from her thoughts and somehow managed to distractedly answer Toby's question.

"What were you just thinking about?" Aria questioned as she approached Toby and Alison.

"What do you mean?" Alison inquired in false-innocentness.

"You just seemed like you were daydreaming about something really good. You were staring into the distance and smiling like crazy," Aria explained and chuckled along with Toby.

The three started walking towards the door. "Well, Emily just called me babe," Alison grinned smugly to herself.

The blonde was so relieved for not having to hide her relationship with Emily in front of her supportive friends. It made their gatherings ten times better since she didn't have to worry all the time about getting caught and could just enjoy her time with the group. She reminded herself that now, all that was truly left was to tell their parents.

"Emily? Called you 'babe'? That's so you of her," Aria laughed to herself.

"Yeah, Alison, I think you're rubbing off some of your magic on her," Toby joked and Alison playfully rolled her eyes at him.

'Hopefully, I am,' she mused.

Toby opened the door and held it while both girls walked past him, and the three of them joined their friends.

Alison walked towards Caleb's car to look for Emily. While glancing around, she suddenly felt a pair of warm arms wrapping around her waist from behind. She recognized Emily's beautifully tanned arms and grinned widely. The brunette held her tight and rested her chin on the blonde's shoulder.

Alison placed her hands on Emily's, "Babe? Really?"

Emily chuckled with her cheeks flushed. "Maybe," she answered in fake nonchalance.

Alison turned herself to face Emily and placed her arms around the brunette's neck. Their faces were inches away as they stared into each other's eyes. Alison raised an eyebrow and whispered mischievously, "Prove it."

Emily did the one thing she knew the blonde wanted her to do and leaned forward. She met Alison's lips and instantly her hands flew to the blonde's soft locks. Emily leaned Alison's back gently on the side of Caleb's car. They kissed and kissed, every electric second registering in their minds. When it came to Emily, Alison felt that every kiss was truly better than the last one, that was one of the reasons why she couldn't find it in her to stay away from the girl.

Emily pulled away from the kiss and softly tucked a strand of hair behind Alison's ear. "I love you, Alison DiLaurentis," she whispered quietly.

"I love you more, Emily Fields."

XXXXX

They arrived at the beach after a short ride, again, in two separate cars. The guys had brought along two cars to the Busy Bee Inn in the first place, recognizing the fact that they obviously couldn't squeeze everyone into just one car.

Emily and Alison stepped out of the car along with Caleb and Hanna, smelling the sweet, salty scent of the ocean. The blonde reached for Emily's hand and the brunette smiled softly.

Looking down at the beautiful beach from where she was standing, the brunette's smile faltered once she saw who else was at the beach; the popular seniors from Rosewood High, aka Alison's friends. Alison was best friends with the four girls, but she had friends all around Rosewood and outside the town, as well. The seniors loved Alison and treated her like a little sister, except all the guys wanted to hook up with her.