29 - Drunk in Love

With the first light of dawn, Emily rose up from the bed, carefully sliding under the sheets without waking Alison up. Emily occasionally liked to wake up first thing in the morning. She considered herself more of a morning person, unlike her girlfriend, who was definitely the night owl type. Emily figured she liked waking up early because she had been following in her father's traits ever since she could remember herself, and Wayne was definitely one to rise along with the sun.

The girls had left them in the middle of the night with the only explanation being that they wanted to be with their boyfriends. Emily and Alison couldn't blame them, they didn't like sleeping without each other, either.

"I guess it wasn't really a sleepover after all," Emily had mused out loud as she shut the door behind her previous the previous night.

"Emmy?" Alison called out from the bedroom. She had woken up a few minutes before, and had convinced herself to slide out of bed and drag herself to the bathroom, but the second she was done brushing her teeth and fixing her hair, she found herself tiredly crawling back under the covers. Emily was already in the kitchen, making coffee for her and the blonde, stopping dead in her tracks when she heard Alison call.

"Did you just call me Emmy?" Emily chuckled, walking in her pajamas back to the doorway of the bedroom. Alison picked her head up from the pillow and smiled softly at her girlfriend.

"I think it's cute," Alison shrugged simply. The blonde knew Emily hated when people called her that, wanting to tease her. Teasing Emily had become one of her favorite hobbies ever since they'd began dating

"I thought it was cute too, but then again, I was seven. Ugh, I can't believe they still call me that," Emily groaned, referring to her parents. She narrowed her eyes at her half-asleep girlfriend, "And now you too."

Alison laughed wholeheartedly at that, finally rising up and revealing herself from under the covers. She was wearing her usual PJs - a tank top and shorts - which she wore even in the coldest days of winter, and Emily smiled at the sight.

The brunette didn't think that she could ever consider the sight in front of her as "usual". She would never get used to the feeling of seeing Alison rise from their shared bed in the morning, looking beautiful as ever. She didn't think she could ever even get used to the fact that she was dating Alison. Emily was still at times in shock from their whole relationship. Even though a considerable amount of time had passed since they'd started dating, she still just couldn't quite process the whole ordeal. She considered it a good thing, though; she would never ever get sick of Alison, and she hoped that the blonde never got tired of her, either.

Alison padded lightly towards Emily, rubbing her eyes sleepily in the process. Emily just wanted to embrace Alison right there, she found the blonde to be absolutely adorable.

"Hi, baby," Alison cooed lazily, hugging Emily close to her and inhaling her mermaid's sweet scent.

"Good morning," Emily replied, kissing Alison's forehead softly.

"Mmm, what time is it?" Alison parted from Emily, looping both her arms around the brunette's left arm as they walked to the kitchen.

"About time you woke up," Emily joked lightly. Alison pouted at her and the brunette couldn't help but smile at her girlfriend's cuteness. To think that that sweet girl was once considered by many a "harsh Queen Bee" almost made her scoff. "It's 9:30. We're leaving in 50 minutes," Emily finally supplied.

Alison nodded as she took a seat on one of the barstools and rested her forearms on the cool, polished marble counter and her head on top of them. She heard a clinking sound and lifted her head to see that Emily had placed in front of her a plate with a pile of warm chocolate-chip pancakes topped with maple syrup. The brunette went ahead and also placed a mug filled with coffee next to the plate, for good measure. It's a good thing they'd gotten groceries for everyone yesterday on their way back from the mall.