51 - Can't Control Love

A/n: for this chapter, I feel like I have to point out in advance that I do not condone/encourage the usage of guns in the private space (house). In my opinion, a shooting range is one thing, but keeping a gun in your desk is risking lives. Anyway, just wanted to point that out so nobody gets the wrong idea from this chapter. Now, onto the chapter:
_______________________________________

In the morning, the five girls dispersed to go to their own homes after Spencer gave them her infamous hangover cure. It worked like magic every single time, and when Emily got home, she did still feel the effects of the alcohol, but not nearly as much. She concluded that a good nap would freshen her up enough. When she woke up in the late afternoon, she strutted back downstairs and was met with the sight of her father. The two decided to take a walk in the early night breeze while Pam rested at home. They talked about school, and Emily's swimming, then switched to Wayne's time in the army. He told her stories from his base, and how everybody already knew Emily from the tales he told them about his little girl. Emily listened intently throughout the whole thing, and smiled when Wayne told her that he thought about her and her mother every second he was away.

When she was preparing for sleep later on, invested in the comfort of the large cotton t-shirt and breezy shorts hugging her body, she picked up her phone to dial Alison, which turned into a relatively long conversation. Sometimes, they didn't even call each other with a prior intention or purpose, but rather just to hear each other's voices, and Emily loved that about them.

Before going to sleep, she texted Alison the timing plans for tomorrow, when they would be heading over to the shooting range.

Her mom had been against the idea of her going alone with Alison to the shooting range and had brought it up in the dinner table the previous night, yet her father had convinced her that perhaps it was a good plan, throwing around valid points about how Emily was familiar with the place from her many visits there with him, and how the girl was always very mature when to came to firearms, ever since the very beginning. She knew their effects and how to use them. In the end, Pam had hesitantly agreed.

Emily woke up early the next morning, showering quickly and getting ready, then excitedly bounding downstairs for breakfast. Wayne had offered to drive them since the place was out of town, but Emily opted for taking her car because she wanted private time with Alison, and as much as she loved her father for how supportive he was, she couldn't imagine kissing the blonde in front him without getting embarrassed or shy.

Half an hour later, she opened the door to a gorgeous blonde. "Hey, Ali," she beamed at her.

"Em," Alison acknowledged with a mirrored smile, stepping into the threshold and planting a kiss on the brunette's warm lips.

Emily's eyes scanned the blonde's body freely, then she let out a small giggle. "Wow, Ali, you're a little overdressed for a shooting range," she chuckled, letting her hand rest gently on Alison's hip.

Alison tilted her head, looking down at her outfit. She hadn't thought about that. She considered going to her house to change her heels and skirt, "Should I change it?"

Emily quickly shook her head, not wanting the girl in any other clothes than the ones she had on, which accentuated her body very nicely, "No! No, this-this is fine. This is great. It's-"

"Great?" Alison finished for her with a knowing smirk.

Emily let out a breath while chuckling, shaking her head lightly. She turned around then, heading to the kitchen to say goodbye to her father before they left. Pam was now at the kitchen also, sitting on one of the barstools around the island and eating a bowl of oatmeal in her pajamas. Alison trailed behind her, smiling at the familiar sight of her girlfriend's parents. She didn't know where her own parents were, only Jason was home when she'd woken up, but she knew they definitely weren't eating at the kitchen in their robes while soft music played in the background. That kind of thing only happened in the Fields' house.