Chapter 32

Max

The whole school is buzzing about Micky's proposal to Gabriela for homecoming. The guys and I did win for the best crew. And Jace won for gender switch day surprisingly. We never thought Jace would make a good looking girl. Our theme was to dress up as Disney princesses. Jace was dressed up as Bell. Micky wanted to be  Merida, but I think it was just an excuse for him to see what he would look like as a redhead. James was princesses Tiana and he looked really good. Since he is growing out his hair it was easy for up to put his hair in a bun. Jose favorite princess is Mona. So he took his mom wig and went into his older sister's closet to find a matching outfit.  Carlo has a thing for blondes so he wanted to be  Rapunzel. I dressed up as sleeping beauty because as a kid I always not she was hot. Best believe I was rocking that pink dress and golden crown. 

Today is PJ day and wearing one is dressed up in sleepwear they know they never actually go to sleep in. If it was up to me I would come to school naked, but Jackie wouldn't let me. So I settled for a tank top and superman PJ bottoms. This whole week the guys have been so busy. We nearly get any sleep with all the events that happened after school. Today we a field day and it's all hands on deck. But tomorrow is the last day of sprite week. And come homecoming we can finally catch a break. 

"Man, Mrs. Harper can talk." James said taking a seat. 

It's lunchtime and we don't have an SGA meeting today. I look up to see James has his hair in braids. 

"You braided your hair?" I ask. I only see his hair braided when we used to have sleepovers. But since then he has always let his hair out or sometimes puts it in a ponytail.

"Yeah, that's how I have it when I go to sleep." He says. 

"How long do you plan on letting it grow?" I finally ask. James has been growing out his hair since the 5th grade and it already passes his shoulders since then. Out of all of my friends I always found his hair the most intrusting. He doesn't mind if we touch it as long as we ask. In fact, he only lets us touch it. Sometimes other students at school ask if they could touch his head, but he has always said no. Sometimes I wonder if he gets annoyed by how many people ask. James always takes good care of his hair. I always see him with a pick ready to fluff out a section that isn't fluffed or a bottle of water to hydrate his hair. 

"I don't know long enough until it stops me from getting a job." He answers before he takes a bite of his burger. I look at James confused. 

"Stop you?" I said. "Why would your hair keep you from getting a job?" I said like it didn't make any sense. Since James's mouth is full of food he looks over at Jose to let him answer. 

"Max. Some people will consider James hair as unprofessional, wild, or as a statement. Even my hair if I were to grow it out. Unless I gelled it back I guess it would be okay." Jose said thinking to himself. I still didn't understand what he meant.