Chapter 25

Kevin

Since Tiffany came back nothing has changed. Everyone avoid us like we have the plage. I know and understand why they are acting this way, but it sucks when you tell someone to trust you and the next situation they turn their backs on you. I want to tell them what is going on but for there protection I can't.  I keep telling myself once this is all over they will understand and come around. 

"So did you find anything?" I asked Frank who is sitting across from me in my office. Ever since we find out that woman was released from jail we have been searching everywhere for her. 

"No" He said shaking her head.

"It seems like she is laying real low. I did find that is on a six-month probation. That was the deal in letting her have an early release."

"I see" I said laying back in my chair. 

Maybe that's why she's laying low for now. Knowing her she's just waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. Crossing my arms I  asked Frank "Do you know if she had any contact with Volkv?"

"No, but my guess is she benefited from his assets." He replied.

"Assets?" I said confused. "Wasn't all his things confiscated from the government?" I asked. 

"Yeah, but he did have ties to the mafia" said Frank.

"Man, things are getting more complicated." I said looking away. "If this is true then that means she will have others doing her dirty work."

"What do you want to do?" Frank asks.

I got up from my chair and starts to pace around the office. 

"How about we assign bodyguards to Alexander and Max?" I asked.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Frank said not doing confident. 

"Why not?" I asked.

"Max has been asking a lot of questions and being restless about not being able to drive. I think adding bodyguards will only add more to his suspicions. " He says. I think for a moment about what Frank just said.

"Fine" I said agreeing. "Then how about we hire the guards, but they follow them from a distance?" I asked. 

"I guess that's fine as long as Max and Alexander don't notice them."

"Great" I said snapping my finger. 

"So what about Jackie?" I turn to look at Frank confused.

"Jackie? What about her?" I said.