Chapter 20

Jackie

"10'o clock to night"

"I'll be there."

I had a dream. A dream that Kevin was with me and that he was holding me. But even in my dreams he still sees me as a stranger. 

I see the way he looks at me. Although I am alive and moving right in front of him, he still looks at me as if he seen a ghost. I--I don't know how long I can keep this up. It's only been a few weeks and Tiffany is killing me. I told Max that I wouldn't run and I would fight for him, but how can I fight for a person who wants nothing to do with me. I have been dying to tell me everything, but he just keeps avoiding me. 

I haven't seen Tiffany in two days and no one in the house seems to care. I continue to do my chores as if Tiffany never left since I have nothing else to do. Kevin started coming home early, but he still doesn't speak to me. The only thing he ever says to me is what's for dinner. 

In the middle of preparing dinner, I cut my finger. 

"SHIT!" I yelled in pain dropping the knife. 

"Jackie" Kevin quickly rushes into the kitchen and comes to my side. 

"Aw man." He says taking my hand into his. I quickly pull away. I may be in pain, but I wasn't blind. Kevin doesn't seem to be aware of the situation and he pulls my hand back.

"Let me look at it." He says. "Come on" He drags me over to the sink to clean the cut. Then he takes out a first aid kit and disinfects the cut. Once he is done he puts a band-aid on it. 

"Thank you" I say. Pulling my hand out of his once he finished applying the band-aid.

"No problem." He says. It is then he realized what he has done and he starts to become more awkward. He lets out a fake cough and slowly turns his head away.

I get out a sigh "Kevin what were doing before you came here?" I asked. I was surprised to see him come into the kitchen so quickly. Almost as if he was standing out side the kitchen the whole time.

"What do you mean?" He asked still not making eye contact with me. Reading his body language my guess was right. 

"Oh, nothing." I said looking down at my finger. "I just find it entrusting how as soon as I cut my finger." I raised my cut finger towards his face and he slowly looks up. "It's almost as if you were standing near the kitchen the whole time." I walk closer to him until my finger is just inches to his lips. He looks up at me confused.

"It still hurts." I say giving him a painful look. "Could you kiss it?" I say. Kevin looks down at my finger. I don't really know why I am doing this, but I want to push him until he gets to be near me.