Chapter 30

Jackie

Jackie

I smiled as I hear laughter coming from the dining room. It's Max's Grandfather second day here and they have already gotten used to each other. I didn't think Max would ask him to stay here with us.

Hell, I never thought I'll be here too.

As I am washing the dishes Alexander coming into the kitchen to give me his plate. He leans on the counter next to me and lets out a sigh. 

"What's up?" I say knowing he is annoyed by something.

"Nothing." He says looking away.

Finishing the dishes I wash my hands and turn to look at Alexander. "I'm sorry you had to hear those words." I say and touch the side of his face.

"It's not like he is lieing." He whispers looking down. I took both of Alexander's shoulders and forced him to face me. 

"Listen to me. No matter what we are family. And I will make sure no one ever hurts you again. Okay?" I said looking into his eyes. 

"What did I say?" I asked.

"You got my back." He answers.

"That's right." I say and pull him into a hug. As he hugs me back I pat his back. 

"Let's go!" Max yells sticking his head out of the kitchen. I let go of Alexander and smile. Turning around I see Max in his Thor custom and bust out laughing. 

"Oh God" I say in between laughs.

"Hey, I look good." says Max walking into the kitchen.

"Are you wearing a wig?" I asked walking up to him to touch his hair.

"Aye don't touch." He says backing away and pushing his hair aside.

"That's a good wig." I say in shock.

"Thanks it's a lace front." He said touching his edges to make sure the wig is in place.

"Where the hell did you get that?" I said surprised he would know the term.

"James let me borrow it from his sister." He answered. 

"And did you make that hammer?" I asked. 

"Yup." I smile as I admiring his costume. "You did a good job. Hold on let me get my phone." I said running to my room.

"Come on Jackie your going to make me be late. The guys and I have a talent show to host today and we have things  that still need to get done!" He yells as I went to my room. Coming back quickly with my home I took pictures of him. As I am taking pictures Max's grandfather comes into photobomb. I smile as Max doesn't realize it. 

"Okay, Alex  you get in too." I say.

"I'm good. We're going to be late." Alexander says and walks out of the kitchen.  When Max turns around that's when he realizes his grandfather is right behind him. He gives him a goodbye hug and walks out with Alexander. The house is left quite and Mr. Walker and I are the only two left in the kitchen. We both avoid eye contact.