Chapter 9

After the show, the director pulled me away.

"You!" He yells and then suddenly smiles "You were amazing!" He says giving me a hug. The cast and crew start to crowd me and give me compliments.

"Thanks..umm--" I try to move away from everyone and look around to find Jackie.

"I can't lose her" I touch my watch and press a button.

"Hey, can you guys hear me?" I say.

"Yeah, Max what's up?" Micky says.

"I think Jackie escape find search for her" I say.

"But Frank said we shouldn't look for her that regroup at our meeting spot"

"I don't care what he says. If we don't find her now will lose our chance." I say.

"A--alright Max" Micky says with a sigh. 

I tried my best to lose the crowd and make my way out of the theater.

"Max" I turn around to see Matt.

"What's going on Micky told me they guys---"

"I found Jackie and I lost her. Let's go" I say walking away.

"Hold on" Matt steps in front of me.

"We should regroup first. We can't just be walking around the country--"

"She couldn't have gone far if we don't move now we will lose her. So either move out my way or you are coming with me" I say pushing him aside.

"Man, you're just as stubborn as she is" He says following me from behind. The guys, Frank, Matt and I split up to look for her. We search for her for hours we haven't found not one clue. It's starting to get late. I felt something wet touch my cheek. I slowly raise my head to see the clouds have now turned gray. More raindrops start to pour. All the makeup I had started to wash off and custom became soak. 

"Okay I think it's time we stop for today. We can start to look again in the morning. I'll send you the address to get back to the  hotel." Said Frank threw my watch.

I touched my watch "No ---"

"Pull back" Frank said. I hear thunder and then lighting strikes. I take off my crown and throw it on the ground. 

"Ahhhh!" I scream. 

"Tell me Jackie was everything a lie? Was the time we spent together a lie. Did you take care of me for the money or out of pity?" I stand there in the rain. Once again all the pain I felt came rushing in just like the rain.

I gave her you. I gave her my heart.

"And you broke it" I say.

 Light stuck again. I lean my back on a wall of a building. Pushing my body down sliding down to sit on the ground. I heard footsteps coming my way, but I didn't need to look to know who it was. The rain stops hitting me. I smiled and looked up at Micky.

"Some prince hun" I say with a sad laugh. "I wish my mom was alive" I whisper. Then maybe I wouldn't have to face this hardship.

"It's ok Max let it out" Micky says.

I get up from the ground. 

"No Micky. I'm done"

Lighting strikes again.