Chapter 19

Max

It is finally the weekend and the first week of school is over. But that doesn't mean I can relax.  Mr. Cambelle and my Spanish class made sure of that. What sucks is I couldn't ask Gabrielle to help me since she had to work. This whole week I haven't seen Alexander and Tiffany which I didn't mind. At school, we would avoid each other and he will always come home late. I never asked my dad where has he been nor did I care. Jackie got better and wasn't sick anymore. For the first time since she came her she finally was able to smile. She no longer looked like she was kept in a person. Surprisingly my dad bought her a dresser and a mirror. I even went with him to go pick it up.

While Jackie was out shopping we set it up in her room to surprise her. She was so happy and thankful towards us. It felt like everything went back to normal. Dad no longer avoided Jackie and came home on time. It was wonderful.

"I'm going to the library" I said walking out the door.

"Okay be back for dinner." Jackie said cleaning the living room. I closed the door behind me and walked towards my car. Getting into my car I realized Alexander doesn't drive. I know my dad bought him one for his birthday, but I have never seen him never used it. I ignored the thought and drove to the library. Being at home with my fishes I wasn't able to focus on my work so I thought a change of environment would help me focus better.

I found a nice quiet place in the back of the library on the second floor. I took a seat next to the table that's near a window.  I started my work for American Government work. I don't know how many hours passed by but my eyes were getting tired. I let out a yawn and stretch out my arms leaning back in my seat to see--

"Alexander?" I said confused. 

What is he doing here?

Is this where he spends most of this time after school?

I saw him sitting at a small table with someone. But I couldn't tell who that person was since there back was facing me. I kept staring at the persons back feeling like that person is familiar to me. I see Alexander and the guy laughing and talking as if there are only two people in the library.  It's weird to see Alexander this way. Smiling and being social. The guy with Alexander looks down at his phone and then gets up to pack his things. When I see his backpack I notice a Fall Out Boys pin.  My eyes open wide.

His backpack looks like a person's bag that I know. But I don't want to jump to conclusions and assume anything. Maybe that guy just likes the same band. I watch as the guy leaves, but I still wasn't able to see his face properly since I am too far away. 

I watch as Alexander waves bye to him and smiles. Once the guy is out of his site he gets back to his work.  His phone on the table starts to vibrate and he doesn't answer it. I take this time to walk over to him. I pack my things and make my way towards his table. I put my things down on the table and begin to work without looking at him.