39\\Wedding Dresses and Chinese

Start from the beginning

Brooke nodded along with me, walking over and giving me a hug. "If you think lace should be the dresses, then I think so too. I want you to be as involved as you can possibly be, same goes for Marilee who I'm sad couldn't come today but I just know she would agree with us."

I hugged her back, tightly. She didn't have to involve me as much and I think that's one of the reasons why I love her so much. We've been friends for what feels like forever and I couldn't ask for a better friend if I'm honest. "I love you, Brooke, so much, I'm so glad we're friends."

"I love you too, Pheebs," she said, giving my cheek a kiss as I smiled. She's more like a sister to me than anything and I think that's all I need. "Now let's get those bridesmaids dresses ordered!"

.................................

We finished at the dress shop at around one in the afternoon. Brooke was exhausted but decided that we hit the mall for some Chinese from the food court. We ended up getting a white lace wedding dress along with peachy, lacy bridesmaid's dresses. Brooke ended up choosing it all, along with my approval of course. But she's happy with her choices.

I was waiting at the table for Brooke to grab the Chinese food from the food court, watching everyone around me rushing to get to the stores since Christmas is only a few weeks away. I still don't know what I'm going to get anyone, I'm shit at buying presents for people; I usually get it wrong or buy something they already have.

I'd have to think long and hard about what to get everyone. This year, I have three extra people to buy for. I usually buy for Brooke, Leon, Marilee, and Kaylee. This year, I have to add Niall, Harry, and Alexis. Not that I mind, I love buying Christmas presents for my closest friends and family, oh and Harry this year. Even though I don't know what to get everyone, I usually just wing it mostly.

I sighed, my cheek leaning on my palm whilst watching the world pass by. It was nearing Christmas break, so much school kids would be coming in here to hang out and to buy presents for their friends and family. I remember when I was at school, I used to be scared to even miss a class, let alone miss the entire school day to hang with my friends at the mall.

The memories of school slowly faded and more current feelings arose. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry, the way he looked and was almost beaten to death only almost twenty-four hours ago. What was the reasoning behind him being beaten to a pulp? Was there any reasoning behind it or was it just coincidental?

I should've asked last night, but I was more focused on knowing some more about him and a few other people. Call me nosy, but I wanted to know more about Ellie and Zayn than anyone. I want to be let into his life so I can adapt it into mine, I want to be able to help if he's ever feeling sad about anything in his life.

I want him to be able to come to me to let me comfort him.

I just want him to be mine.

Brooke put down our lunch on the table with a smile on her face. I smiled back at her as she handed me my chopsticks and I broke them in half perfectly as did Brooke. She started eating hers in silence, watching whoever was in the mall at the same time as us, whilst Harry was still embedded in my mind.

"So, Pheebs," she finally broke the silence after a few minutes. I was scared, to say the least, what was she going to say or ask? I gulped gently as I looked in her direction. "This "thing" with Harry tomorrow, is it a date?"

I shrugged with honesty. I wasn't sure if it was or if Harry just wanted to take me out ice skating because it was something fun to do. I wanted it to be a date more than anything but we'd have to see what the day holds. "Um, I'm not sure. Maybe it could be but he didn't say it was going to be so I'm just going with the flow at the moment."