36

The letters came again. I now had a lot pieces of paper saying different swearing words and calling me different awful names inside my locker. I seriously thought that I would have to take out all of my books just so the letters, which kept coming, would fit inside.

The truth was still hidden, too. No matter how much it hurt to get hatred from people I didn’t even know, i didn’t feel the need to tell my boyfriend about my problem.

I was standing in front of my locker when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Logan was drawing a big crooked smile on his face. I quickly closed the locker and put the paper in my grip.

“I went to the cafetaria but you weren’t there,” he said. “Come on, I’m starving.”

But he read my expression better than anyone else. Even myself.

“Are you okay?”                        

“Yeah, yeah, sure. Let’s grab lunch.”

“Tommy, really.”

His eyes wandered and landed on my hand. I put it behind my back.

“What is it?”

“What?”

I tried so hard to answer but the word wouldn’t want to be out. He knew I was hiding something in my hand.

“What is it in your hand?”

“There’s nothing.”

He paused for a while. He had this face that looked like he was thinking hard. And I knew he was.

“Oh my god,” he let out. His eyes were staring into mine and I couldn’t stand it so I turned away. “Those assholes have been doing this to you too, haven’t they?”

For a while I didn’t know what he was talking about but my mind tried a little bit harder and I knew the answer.

“What are you talking about?” I lied.

“Let me see it.”

“See what? I don’t get it.”

“Tommy, please,” he demanded. There was something in his voice that crawled into my mind and I gave him the paper.