28

"Do you know that Paris is the city of love?"

He once again asked, still not turning his head off the book.

"Oui."

"What?" He turned to me with a very questioning look. "Was it French?"

I turned from my book, too. A giggle came out from my mouth as I said, "Yes, it was French. I took French on freshman year."

"We just talked about France in less than an hour and you already speak French, great."

"It was just a word! And that means, yes, I know that Paris is the city of love."

"Anyway there are the lines here on this page."

He turned to the book again, and started reading the lines from the book out loud.

"Paris is also called The City of Love. There are so many lovely things you can do. Okay well let's skip this part. Lovers are often seen in most of places here. Many new married couples from all over the world come by for honeymoon. Come here and experience the beauty of love. Come and fall in love with the city!"

He stopped reading and said, "See? It must be so amazing to go to the city of love!"

"Pretty much."

"You sound not so excited."

"What? No! I am, really. It's just that you're cute when you talk about all of this."

His hair was shining under the sun. I saw his eyes lighting up with interest. I saw the beauty in the way his lips mutter soundless words from the page.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, your eyes light up and your voice gets higher and you become so excited."

"Really? Weird."

I nodded and he just smiled. I noticed some red blush on his face. We came to our reading again but a few minutes later he turned again and said, with the same exciting voice as before.

"If there is anyone I want to be with in Paris, it is you, you know."