Nothing will ever be the same again [2]

Hey guys,

this is part 2, its mostly introducing characters

& its shorter than part one

but still comment or whatever please :)

-charlotte

Part 2

The bell sounded, signalling the end of fourth lesson. I rose from my seat and stretched, cracking my knuckles. I hadn't moved for a whole hour, and I was so tired. "Thank god its lunch, im starving...you can sit with me and my friends if you want, come on I'll show you the dining hall!" Lauren smiled as she bounced out of the door. I followed at a much slower pace, as I felt my blackberry buzz. I wrestled with the tight pockets on my jeans and finally wriggled my phone free, checking the display. Rose had texted me saying, 'You made any friends yet sis?' To which i quickly tapped back a reply about Lauren and just meeting her friends. Lauren led the way to the dining hall and through a big arched doorway to the sound of students clinking knives and forks and chatting about todays topics. We loaded our plates with food and found our way to the table where Laurens friends were sitting.

"Lauren...you didnt answer my text!" a small blonde girl whined. "Oh hey, your new here right?" she added with a smile when she saw me hanging around at the end of the table.

"Jess...I've run out of battery you know that, I told you this morning if you cared to remember," Lauren teased. "And guys, this is Leah. Shes cool," she said as if that was an explanation.

"Hey, im Josh...cool phone," the tallest guy complimented, as I realised I was still gripping my blackberry in my hand. Josh had muscly arms that his tight white t-shirt clung onto. Messy, dirty blonde hair sat on top of his heart shaped face, and his eyes were deep chocolate brown.

"And I'm Zach, thats Jessica. I think I met your sister earlier - Rose?" the smaller guy said, as a dreamy look came upon his face when he mentioned my sisters name. Jessica gave a joke wave at Zachs quick intro. He had jet-black hair that he was constantly flicking out of his amber-brown eyes, and he was just as muscly as Josh.

"Yeah thats her," I smiled. I had a feeling that Zach liked my sister. A lot.

We instantly started talking about my family and England when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. I swivelled around in my seat and ended up face to face with a fairly pretty red-haired girl the same height as me. "So you're the new girl...Im Anna." she gave a fake looking smile as she waited for my answer.

"Uh yeah I'm Leah," I said expectantly, wondering what the girl wanted. Jessica was staring Anna out, while Josh pretended to look really interested in his pasta. "Hmm..whatever, just remember to stay out of my way okay?" she said over her shoulder as she walked off, wagging her hips as she tottered off on her too high heels, leaving me thinking about why she had bothered coming over. Lauren soon spoke up, "Yeah...Anna...shes kind of the queen bee. Her family are one of the richest in New York, people don't argue with her." Conversation soon turned back to everyday things, when the bell sounded once again for last lesson.

* * *

Walking out of the main doors, the sunlight burned through a patch of grey cloud, blinding me until I spotted the black car waiting for me to get in. Opening the door I saw that Rose had beaten me to the best seat, so I settled in next to her as the car pulled away from the kerb and towards home. "Man - you do not want Mr Hodgson for chemistry, he almost blew up the whole classroom! I dont think I'm in any of your classes though," she said as she pulled a face.

"Ha, and this school is suppposed to be the best in New York? Best school for the stuck up more like." I moaned. The car continued to cruise along the road until the driver suddenly swerved, causing Rose and I to be shoved to the side. "Bloody bird! Haven't they got eyes?" the driver yelled through the screen. I peered through the tinted windows and saw the black crow. It was perched on the edge of a wall, staring at me again. I blinked, but this time it didn't disappear.

"Rose..do you see the that?"

"See what? The guy staring at the car? Interesting..not." she replied bored, and she went back to playing a game on her ipod. Confused, I looked out again and saw a black haired guy standing where the crow had been perched a few seconds ago. Then the car picked up speed and the man disappeared from sight.

* * *