Part 2 - The game day

Avalana Skylar Valerie
Edited by bisalliff ❤️

Mom had left to the dining room, she had to be by dad's side to greet the guests. It was now only Laura, Gabriel, and I in the room.

"Oh, baby, it's okay," Laura tries to comfort me.

"No, it's not," I say, my voice hoarse from crying. Gabriel took out a blue handkerchief from his black suit before giving it to me. Gratefully, I use the handkerchief to clean the mess on my face.

"Dad is always so controlling over everything, I'm so sorry," Gabriel tells me sincerely, while Laura consoles me by rubbing my back.

"You have to take a deep breath and relax. Just imagine everything is going to be fine," she smiles at me.

"Come on, they're waiting for us," Gabriel said, then leads us into the dining room. Laura puts her arm around me. I try my best not to cry. I hope it is going to be just fine, like what Laura had told me.

We got into the dining room, the lights of the dining room are brighter than usual, and food filled the long dining table. I look around, and my eyes suddenly land on a familiar figure with dark blue eyes and a strong jaw. He's wearing a long sleeve, black shirt. His dark brown hair is combed perfectly, and he looks different. However this is him, the one and only Apollo Hamilton.

Please don't tell me this is the guy that I'm getting engaged to. I'd rather go to hell that get married to him. He's just another heartless person I know, after my dad. Apollo's surprise was clear on his face, as was mine.

"Philip, this is Avalana, my daughter. Avalana this is my good friend, Philip Hamilton," my dad says. I try my best to give him a polite smile.

Shit, it's true. I'm going to be engaged to the one and only Apollo Hamilton, the school's heartless football captain, tonight.

I was close to getting down on my knees and begging my dad not to make me marry him. I haven't even thought about having a relationship with someone especially him! He's cold-hearted, and heartless! I don't even know if he can talk, my life would be so boring.

"Avalana, this is my wife Daisy, and my only son Apollo," Philip says to me, and I continue to give a fake smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Avalana," The lady with a warm yellow dress says to me politely, as I take a seat next to Laura.

Dad began to introduce us one by one. He talks about Laura's pregnancy, and both of Apollo's parents looked so interested.

The maid serves us the food, and everyone's excited to eat their food. However, I am not. The thought of being engaged to Apollo, was the last thing I'd ever thought would happen to me.

The parents start to talk about business, things that I don't understand. My dad starts to include Gabriel into their conversation. I'm not interested in that whatsoever.

"So, have you thought about the baby's name, Laura," I ask Laura, while everyone else talks about other things.

Laura smiles and nods, "We're still looking for a good name though, maybe you can give us a suggestion," she says to me.

"Another Valeria generation?" I suggest.

"So about the engagement," My dad cuts in to mine an Laura's conversation.

"Apollo has agreed to the engagement," Philip says to my father.

Really? I can't believe it.

"So has Avalana," My dad lies to him.