Showtime

Jonathan

The end of October comes and Cassidy's due date passes. Soon enough it gets to the time where they keep her at the hospital and eventually induce her. There was nothing wrong, they were just going to speed up the process to make it easier for Cassidy and the baby. Personally I was just excited to see my baby for the first time.

Luckily for me she got induced after a game against Dallas at home and I was able to be with her through most of it.

I quickly drive home and grab my nighttime baby bag and a few things she asked for before picking up some flowers and driving over.

Once I get in the hospital I find Cassidy laying in the bed with her eyes closed. A monitor that was checking her vitals and contractions was going off as she focuses on on her breathing. I walk in and set the flowers on the table next to her.

I quietly sit in the seat next to her as slide my hand in hers

I quietly sit in the seat next to her as slide my hand in hers. She doesn't even flinch to open her eyes as she squeezes my hand tight. I kiss the back of her hand and her lips pull into a small smile.

"How are you doing" I ask softly. It was about 11 at night and things were pretty quiet around here.

"I feel like I'm having a baby" she smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Obviously not that bad it if you're being so sassy" I insist.

"I'm doing pretty good given the circumstances" she explains.

"Did they break your water" I ask.

"Yup" she assures me.

"Did you get a epidural" I question.

"Don't need one" she claims.

"Are you sure" I ask. "No one will be mad if you do" I assure her.

She finally opens her eyes and looks over to me. She gives a soft smile before rubbing my hand.

"I don't need it" she insists and I nod. She lays her head back down as a contraction starts. She squeezes me hand extra tight and I kind of wish I still had my gloves on, because ouch.

The contraction stops and she releases my hand from her death grip. I grab the flowers I bought and tell her to open her eyes. She does so and smiles big when she sees the pink flowers in my hand.

"Oh Jonny, those are beautiful" she gasps.

"I figured they were the closest thing to being pretty enough for you" I smirk.

"Well they're lovely, thank you" she nods.

After a while it starts to get late. She makes good progress but I end up falling into a slumber about 2 Am. It was just her and I because we didn't tell Patrick the baby was coming and my parents will be in sometime tomorrow. But honestly I kind of liked that it was just her and I and occasionally the doctor. I'm happy I got to go through this with the woman I have loved for almost 6 years now. And it seems crazy to be in our early twenties and be having a baby but I know we can do this.