Hide and Seek - Kagura and Hayabusa

^Image is there because I'm planning to use Hayabusa's pic in the next chapter.

Kagura must have searched for more than an hour before finding Hayabusa. Rain had started pouring down, but neither of them noticed. Kagura had her umbrella, and Hayabusa had his... ninja suit.

Kagura: Hayabusa! Wait!

Hayabusa: ...

He stops and waits for her to catch up, but he doesn't meet her eyes.

Kagura: Final-

Hayabusa: I thought I told you that I didn't want your help.

Kagura: I know, but I don't want to listen.

Hayabusa: Is there anything that will make you give in?

Kagura: That's what I should be asking.

Hayabusa: ...

Kagura: ...

Hayabusa: ...

They stand around in silence, listening to the raindrops patter rhythmically on the ground. Suddenly, Kagura has an idea.

Kagura: Do you remember when we used to play hide-and-seek?

Hayabusa: What does that have to do with anything?

Kagura: I was wondering how good you've gotten at that.

Hayabusa: I don't have time to play games, if that's what you're saying.

Kagura: I'll make a deal. If you win, I'll give up and go home. If I win, you'll let me come with you.

Hayabusa: There's no way you'll beat me.

Kagura: Who knows?

Hayabusa is hesitant to waste his time on a childish game, but if that's what it took to make Kagura leave, then he would do it.

Hayabusa: How's this going to work?

Kagura: We'll play three games. If the seeker can't find the hider within a minute, the seeker gets a point. And if-

Hayabusa: Got it. Start counting.

Hayabusa disappears. Kagura quickly covers her eyes and counts to ten before turning back around.

Kagura: Ready or not, here I come!

Hayabusa: You know, you don't have to say that every time you play.

Kagura thinks that Hayabusa was being a bit too overconfident by talking. She tracks his voice to a nearby bush and plows through it.

Hayabusa: You're wasting your minute.

Kagura finds nothing in the bush and backtracks, peering around every possible hiding spot nearby. Only a few seconds remained when Hayabusa appears in front of her.

Kagura: What are you even doing?

Hayabusa: I'm giving you a free point. It's no fun if it's going to be this easy to win.

Kagura: ...

Kagura opens her mouth to argue but thought better of it. It was his loss, after all. 

Kagura: Alright, turn around.

Hayabusa did what she had asked while Kagura plants her umbrella in a bush (bushes are a hider's best friend). As soon as Hayabusa finishes counting to ten, she hides behind a giant rock. Kagura hears him nearby, but she doesn't say a word. When she feels someone coming, she pops into the bush. A moment later, Hayabusa arrives at the spot she had been before. Then, he instantly turns around and pulls something out from yet another bush.

Hayabusa: ...

RO: ...

Hayabusa: ...

RO: Hi...?

While he had been distracted with RO, his minute had been used up. Kagura comes out of her hiding spot.

RO: Oh, hey. I didn't know that you would also be here. Did you tell Ha-

Kagura: Last game.

Hayabusa nods and flings RO into the sky. RO is miraculously saved by grabbing onto an innocent swan. It squawks and tries frantically to lift both RO and itself. By now, Kagura had already finished counting and tries to find Hayabusa. He had carelessly given her a point, so there was still chance to win. Hayabusa, on the other hand, didn't regret his actions. At least, not yet. 

5... 4... 3... 2...

Half an hour later...

RO has just survived a bunch monstrous attacks from the swan. If its beak had been less sharp, it would've been funny. Of course, RO didn't have much luck and gotten a few scratches from the evil swan. Honestly, RO couldn't see why Odette loved them so much.

RO: Yeah! Run away, swan! Wimp!

The swan turns around and heads towards RO.

RO: ...

The swan gets closer.

RO: I take that all back. You are a beautiful and majestic beast...

The swan looks like it's preparing to dive.

RO: AAAHHHHHHHHH! SOMEBODY SAVE MEEE!!!

RO darts for cover under a shadow. However, the shadow disappears and RO bumps into a person.

RO: Oh, hi again.

Hayabusa: ...

RO: Protect me, ninja! The beast is coming!

Hayabusa is wondering what his life has become.

Next up: Hayabusa, the teenage mutant ninja turtle!