My Guardian Angel 7

PRESS THE VOTE BUTTON TO THE RIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pretty please with sprinkles on top :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________

My Guardian Angel Chapter 7

Derek's POV

(12 Years Ago)

Name: McKayla Ann Grace

Location: Ketchin, New York

Birth Date: March 21, 1992

Death: April 29, 1998

I read my next case and began to run through the dark forests of New York, allowing the moonlight to be my guide. Letting the wind whip past me. I was a death angel and I had a job to do. There were two of us and our job was to dispose of mortal lives that would become a threat to the supernatural world. We had power beyond belief. Mind control, incredibly fast and strong, mind reading and most importantly immortality. We also had powers to manipulate our surroundings, making them bend to our will. We were feared and respected in the supernatural world. No on had the guts to go against us.

I allowed myself to barely touch the ground to get to my destination faster. I approached my victim's small yellow house. It wasn't anything grand but it had a welcoming aura around it. There were flowers planted around the house and a bird fountain out front. There were two tall oak trees on either side of the house and I could hear the heartbeats of four people inside the building. I climbed up the oak tree to the left of the house and jumped through the window to land in a bedroom. I looked to my left and saw a small bed with a bundle under the covers. As I crept closer, the bundle turned around to face me. I was shocked at how young and adorable the girl was. It was almost hard to believe that she would become much of a threat. Her hair was so black that it appeared blue in the moonlight and her skin looked so soft I wanted to reach my hand out and touch it. She didn't seem to be much older then six.

When I began to see the sun rise and spread light throughout the land I decided to retreat out the window again. I crouched on one of the branches and kept watching the young child. Around seven the girl began to stir. She soon slowly opened her eyes and I gasped. They were dark blue orbs that made you feel like you could drown in them. But, they held so much innocence and purity it was almost hard to look into them. She had full lips and a small delicate nose. I could tell that she would break the hearts of many boys when she was older. She stretched and got out of bed, she was pretty short and a bit chubby for her age.

Throughout the day I found that I was intrigued by everything this girl did. She was kind and sweet to everyone around her. At around noon she ventured outside to play. She walked out in a white spring dress with a blue bouncy ball in her hands. She played catch with herself and suddenly started breaking down in tears. My heart broke at the sight. I was able to hear her sobbing, "No one wants to be my friend. No one even wants to play with me, not even my own brother!" She dropped to her knees and started sobbing into her hands. Finally I couldn't stand it anymore. I jumped out of the tree and cautiously walked toward her.

Once I was five feet away from her I whispered softly, "I'll be your friend."

She froze and looked up slowly. Her face was streaked with tears and her dark blue eyes held confusion as they assessed me. McKayla slowly got up and backed away slowly. "My mommy told me not to talk to strangers," she sniffled.

"Well, my name is Derek. My favorite color is blue and I love to eat watermelon. So now that you know more about me, I'm not a stranger right?" I questioned.

She contemplated what I just said and then finally said, "I guess not." Then her face brightened up, "So you want to be my friend?! So does that mean you want to play with me?"

"Absolutely we can do whatever you want!"

I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with McKayla. From catch, to hide and seek, to tag, even patty cake. I found myself completely enjoying myself for once in my life. But, my joy was short lived when McKayla's mom called her in for dinner. But before she left she ran up to me and game me a hug, wrapping her arms around my waist. I was surprised at first but found myself hugging her back. "Thanks for being my first friend," she whispered. With that she scurried back home leaving me standing. I felt a strange thing happening to my face. My lips turned upwards and opened revealing my bright white teeth, then I realized I was smiling. Not only that, but I was happy.

I didn't know I could feel. Being a dark angel wasn't just a position I had. It was also a curse. Being a dark angel meant I couldn't feel emotions. I never experienced emotions like compassion or grief, nonetheless happiness. It allowed us to kill more efficiently without letting our emotions get the better of us. But, what about this little girl made me finally feel for once? I didn't know the answer to that. What I did know that I was grateful to McKayla.

Then I remembered the reason I was here in the first place. McKayla was supposed to be dead. I was supposed to have killed her. Now that I actually got to know McKayla I couldn't even think about ever hurting her, nonetheless killing her. What was I supposed to do though? I couldn't bear it if anything happened to her, but if I didn't kill her there would be consequences. A thought hit me. No one had to know that she was still alive, its not like anyone would check to see if the deed was done. They would all just assume that I killed her. But, I couldn't stop the oracles from seeing her in the future. They would be the ones to reveal her existence.

I had a flash of brilliance. The oracles were never able to see my future because of who I was. So if I were to intertwine my life with McKayla's they wouldn't see her. I didn't exactly have to be with her every single second of the day. But as long as I talked and played with McKayla they wouldn't be able to see anything. If it were to be known that McKayla was still alive, well let's just say nothing good would come from it. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her.

From that day on I vowed that I would never let any harm come to her. I'd have to be dead first before anyone even thought about hurting her. McKayla was the one who caused me to feel again. I finally knew what it felt like to feel joy, happiness, and compassion. McKayla Ann Grace was and always would be the light to my darkness.

_______________________________________________________________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!]

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Also check out the banner I think it represents this chapter a lot! :D

COMMENT BELOW!