My Guardian Angel

This is the new and improved version of my earlier version of My Guardian Angel, since I sortof was making it up as i went along -_-

But this time I know exactly what will happen in my story and its much more structured so theres no more confusion! So it's going to be a lot better and will make u feel like its a real novel. So I hope you enjoy and please comment and vote!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Guardian Angel Chapter One

My breaths were coming out in short gasps as I ran down the streets of the small town of Ketchin. Max was far ahead of me and I was desperately trying to keep up. My heart was racing, but I just couldn't seem to run any faster. The only thing that kept me from tripping was the light of the full moon. Even through everything we've been through, the world kept moving on. The crickets were still chirping, most people were still sleeping and the world was still turning. It almost made everything that happened tonight seem like it was only a dream. Although it wasn't a dream it was more of a nightmare, one that I couldn't wait to wake up from. Even though I knew that this was one nightmare I wouldn't be waking up from.

"McKayla! We're almost there everything we'll be fine," Max yelled over his shoulder. Although the look on his face gave him away. He was just as terrified as I was, and although he told himself that things would be fine, I knew that nothing would ever be the same. We slowed down as we reached the police station. I was fighting to catch my breath, and the world began to spin around me as my vision became dark around the edges. The last thing I saw was the look of terror on Max's face, before the darkness completely engulfed me.

#

It was almost surreal since our life had been fine these past few months. Well, not completely fine but normal. Although, our family was broken. Two years ago when I was sixteen and Max was eighteen our dad had abandoned us. Our mother was left with a broken heart and we were left without a father. Without that extra income, our mom was forced to work twice as much to support us. Anyone could tell that our lives had changed. Before my brother was very selfish and self-centered. But considering the situation we were in, he had to learn that things didn't revolve around himself and he had grown up dramatically over the small course of time. I had to admit that I had also changed in the process too. Before I lived in my own little fantasy world, where everything was perfect and I had lived like a spoiled brat. Since, if I wanted something all I'd have to do is ask dad for it. Without him though I learned to appreciate what I had. But the person who was affected the most was our mom. She had loved our dad to the point where he was the center of her world. Although it would've been easier if he had just abandoned us, he actually left so he could run off with the secretary he'd been having an affair with. Our mom was left heartbroken, and Max and I were left to pick up the pieces.

Soon she began to date the first man who had shown an interest to her, which was her boss, Phil. Of course we were willing to accept that our mom had to move on eventually, but then we actually met her boss. He was a man in his late forties, tall and broad-shouldered, with bronze brown hair. But, what really stood out were his steel gray eyes, as hard as steel. His name was Phil and just by a glance I could tell that he wasn't the nicest person out there. Although looks can be deceiving, I thought our dad was trustworthy and dependable. Look how that turned out. I soon learned that Phil wasn't any better then our own dad.

#

My eyes flew open and the reality of what had happened earlier came crashing back. All my senses were on alert waiting for any oncoming danger, my ears perked at any sudden sound, my eyes darted around looking for anything that would be considered a threat. But the only person I saw was Max sitting in a chair. I instantly relaxed when I saw him. His hair was messed up and he was holding his face in his hands. It was almost painful to look at Mas because he looked so much like our dad. They had the same shaggy dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. But I knew that Max was nothing like our dad, and that he would never do anything as despicable as him.. He looked up and his eyes were shiny with unshed tears, he quickly got up and wrapped me in his arms giving me a hug that was suffocating. Max was shaking uncontrollably but he wasn't willing to cry, I guess I wasn't the only one who was shaken from all the events that had occurred. Someone cleared their voice and I turned to see a policeman. He was also very old, he was balding to the point where he had to comb over his gray hair to cover up his bald spot. His hazel eyes shined with the knowledge of years from living.