My Guardian Angel 3

My Guardian Angel Chapter Three

The weekend had been hectic. Saturday morning we told Aunt Dee about everything, from our mom getting killed to the police not believing that she was killed. We witnessed Aunt Dee's face go from shocked, to sadness to outraged. She was angry that the police thought we were just making a sick joke. She was close to going to the police station and telling them off. But, we convinced her that that wouldn't do anything. They had seen no evidence of a murder at our house, nothing that would prove our stories to be true.

Aunt Dee was determined to keep us as safe as possible so we ended up buying an alarm system for the house. Although I wasn't too sure if that would do much to ward off Phil. Aunt Dee is unable to have children of her own so she was ecstatic that she would become our guardian. Even though she wasn't too thrilled by the circumstances, since the only reason she became our guardian was because of the death of our mom. Aunt Dee never bothered to get married, since she did not want a guy to hold her down. But, I think she's secretly waiting for that special guy to come her way. No husband, no kids, and a good paying job, she was willing to spoil us as much as possible. Max and I warded off her attempts though. After years of counting every penny to make sure we wouldn't starve we weren't comfortable spending so much money for ourselves.

The dilemma was what were we going to do about all the stuff we left at our house. Max and I had stuff there that was precious to us. After a few protests from Aunt Dee we finally convinced her to drive us to our old house. No way was Phil going to scare me from going to my own house! Although, even when I was in there I was cautious and aware of everything. My ears would perk at any slight sound and my eyes were darting in every direction. In my room I quickly took out a suitcase and began packing. I brought a majority of my clothes and shoes, got my make-up and photo album and was just about to leave when I noticed a glimmer coming from my night stand. I had almost forgotten my silver locket! I've had it since birth because the nurses had given it to my mother for some reason. It was in the shape of a heart and I knew it was a locket but I could never open it. This simple necklace was my most prized possession. I grabbed it from the table and put it on.

On Sunday, I had to let go of the last part of my family. Max was leaving to go back to college with his girlfriend. They had only been back because of their spring break. Max was willing to stay, but I couldn't do that to him. He had worked too hard to get that scholarship, it would be selfish of me to make him stay. But, the second I saw his figure leave to board the plane I broke down in tears. I was completely alone now, my mom was dead, my dad was with some whore, and my brother was off at college. I had my Aunt Dee but it wasn't the same.

Both weekend nights I wasn't able to sleep well at all. I was always having nightmares of Phil. It was just that night playing over and over again. Although I knew there was something missing, I couldn't remember the face of the guy who had helped me. I could remember his velvet smooth voice but I couldn't see his face! And every time I'd try to concentrate on his face, I would gain a massive headache.

On Monday I woke up to the sun streaming into my room. I was still dead tired though, I hadn't gotten any sleep. At any sound I heard I'd wake up immediatly. I reluctantly got off my soft warm bed and made my way to my closet. I picked out a dark blue tank top, a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a white belt, and headed toward the bathroom. I took a shower with my strawberry shampoo and changed into the clothes I picked. I put on my contacts and I quickly blow dryed my long raven black hair and brushed my teeth. Today was the first day back at school after spring break.

Although I would've gladly stayed in bed all day, I needed to see my friends again and my mom would be dissapointed to know that I wasn't going to school. Aunt Dee's house was only five minutes away from my school so I decided to walk there. I slipped on a pair of converse, grabbed my bag and a granola bar, and headed outside. By the time I finished my granola bar I had gotten to the school.

Not twenty seconds was I there when a head full of brown hair engulfed me in a massive bear hug. "Can't breathe!" I wheezed. He immediately loosened his grip but he was flashing me a huge grin.

"Sorry, but it's all your fault for not keeping in touch this last week," he replied with a playful pout on his face. Jeremy has been my best friend since as long as I could remember. We've been in the same classes since kindergarten. But what really made us close was when I sprained my ankle in the third grade. I was trying to show the guys that a girl could hang from the money bars upside down just like them. But, in my attempt I had fallen to the ground. All the guys were laughing at me while I was crying from the sheer agony. Jeremy was the one who told them to back off and made one of them get the teacher's help. Jeremy was with me through the whole dilemma, he was the one who held me while I cried. Ever since, we've been unseperable. Except this past week he was in Las Vegas with his folks.

Although once we entered high school it was a bit difficult to be his best friend. Jeremy had gone through puberty and was a good six feet three. He had abs from practicing for basketball season and his eyes were the deepest brown eyes anyone has ever seen. He was also one of the sweetest and funniest guys here. So obviously a lot of girls started flirting and throwing themselves on him. He'd only date the ones I would approve though. He knew I could tell which girls were the ones who actually cared about him. But a lot of girls would give me glares whenever I was around him.

They weren't just glaring because of that, but also because most of the guys would try to flirt with me. I was always an awkward looking girl, but the summer before high school I changed dramatically. I switched my glasses for contacts, my braces came off and I lost a lot of weight. But, I never got a boyfriend throughout high school. Guys thought it was because I was playing hard to get, but it was really because I was waiting for 'the guy'. I didn't want a silly high school relationship, I wanted the real deal. Don't get me wrong though I do my fair share of admiring too.

So I basically really didn't have any girl friends. It was kindof sad because I couldn't really do girl stuff with guys. I couldn't shop with most because they thought it was boring, I couldn't talk about my 'girly problems' with them either. But it was still fun being friends with the guys. I was very active and loved playing sports and video games. So the guys who weren't trying to get me to sleep with them were my friends. But Jeremy would always be my best friend.

"-- so I was all like dad you need to take me with you! But he's all like you're only eighteen you can't go to a strip club with me, but I had to so--" he was saying and I quickly put my finger against his lips to make him be quiet. Even though it made me have to go on my tip toes, let's just say I'm barely five feet three.

"Please Jere, I really don't want to hear about your strip club adventure," I announced. He just started laughing at me. He put his arm around my shoulders and we walked toward homeroom. On the way there I got a few death glares from a lot of the girls. But, over the years I just learned to ignore them. We got into class and sat in our usual seats next to each other.

"So the moral of the story is you never ever go on the stage and start --" he began again before I cut him off again.

"Didn't we already discuss this! I really don't need to know this crap!" I assured him. He just kept grinning before anorexic arms wrapped around his neck. I knew exactly who this girl was.

Her name was Sasha. Sasha Renalds. She was the biggest slut here. She had fake platinum blonde hair, colored contacts that made her eyes blue, and was five feet eight. She was also obnoxiously small. I wouldn't doubt if she didn't fit in size zero jeans. Some guys found that hot, I found it disgusting. Jeremy cringed at her touch. He's been avoiding her for so long but she won't get the hint! And Jeremy's too much of a gentlemen to tell her to get away from him.

"Hey babe, I missed you," she said trying to make her voice sound sexy. But, it wasn't really working for her. Jeremy's eyes were pleading for me to do something to help him. I contemplated whether to do something or not. On one hand it would be extremely funny to see him suffer, on the other hand I was probably going to pay for it later on if I didn't do something. But before I could make my decision, I saw Sasha's mouth drop in awe staring at something or someone behind me.

Curious, I slowly turned around and saw -----

____________________________________________________________________________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!