Bomb Squad

I sat in Negan's lap, curled up against him as he caressed my stomach and his other hand plaid with my hair. It was relaxing, something I definitely needed to do. Because in a few minutes, we'd be a mile outside of Alexandria. I knew they had to of placed the explosives somewhere, they wouldn't steal them and just not use them. No, they've got them hidden somewhere, and I'm determined to find them and keep my people safe.

♫Goodnight my angel, time to close your eyes and save these questions for another day.♫

Negan softly sang as his hand gently rubbed my stomach.

♫I think I know what you've been asking me, I think you know what I've been trying to say. I promised I would never leave you. Then you should always know, wherever you may go, no matter where you are I never will be far away.

Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep, and still so many things I want to say. Remember all the songs you sang for me when we went sailing on an emerald bay. And like a boat out on the ocean, I'm rocking you to sleep. The water's dark and deep, inside this ancient heart. You'll always be a part of me

"Negan?" I quietly spoke.

"I don't like what I'm about to do, baby." Negan sighed. "I have to send you with Laura to disarm the explosives." I didn't respond. "Joey was our explosives expert, I thought one of my outposts would have someone who would have at least some experience with this shit, but Rick's group killed our only backup when he took out the satellite outpost."

"So ya sing a lullaby?"

"I don't know what's gonna happen. This fuckin' scares me to the fuckin' core, Michaela. One wrong move, and you're dead. You're dead, the babies are dead, and I literally lose my purpose for livin'." Dwight slowly pulled the truck over and put it in park before climbing out, leaving Negan and me alone.

"Negan-"

"I know, you're gonna be fine, right?" Negan slightly chuckled. "You know I'm gonna worry until you come back, right? All my hair is gonna turn gray, from all this stress."

"Be happy I like your gray hair." I smiled and pressed my lips to his. "Why did you shave your beard?"

"It was gettin' a little out-of-hand."

"Will ya grow it back for me? I think beards are sexy."

"Absolutely, baby." I gently smiled and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"When I get back-" My voice trembled. Negan wrapped his arms around me and held me close, resting his chin on top of my head.

"When you get back, I'm gonna hold you and never want to let go. When you get back, we're gonna go. We're gonna get this shit done at Alexandria, and then you and I are gonna get away for a lil' while, just you and me. I don't care where we go, I just want to get you away from all this. Okay?"

"Okay." I gently nodded. Negan opened the door and helped me climb down before climbing out of the truck himself. We walked in silence to the front of the line where Laura was gearing up.