Easy Street

It's been hours since I arrived at the Saviors' main compound... at least I think that's where I'm at. They left me, I've been sitting in the cold box truck ever since the truck stopped moving. My entire body trembled as I held myself, struggling to stay warm. I couldn't sleep. Not because how cold I was, but because every time I closed my eyes, I saw Abraham and Glenn getting beaten to death with Lucille. Abraham's blood was still splattered across my right side of my face. I whimpered into my hands as the images replayed in my mind. The blood, the sound of their skulls cracking against Lucille. Abraham didn't deserve to go out like this, nor did Glenn. I would've been more than happy than to take their place.

     Footsteps approached the box truck before the doors swung open. I shielded my eyes from the blinding sun before a heavyset man came into view The man didn't speak to me, only smiled and motioned for me to follow him. I slowly crawled out of the truck and jumped down onto the ground. The man looked at me and wrapped a wool blanket around me. "T- T- Thank y- you." I stuttered as my teeth clattered.

     "Joey!" Dwight snapped as he approached us. "What do you think you're doing?"

     "Negan forgot her in the truck." Joey explained.

     "Who the hell cares? If Negan left her in there, she stays in there." Dwight looked me over before turning back to Joey. "What's with the blanket?"

     "She's one of us now, thought she could use-"

     "Whoa, slow your roll man. She is not one of us, she's Negan's prisoner."

     "P- Prisoner?" I asked

     "Until he figures out what to do with you." Dwight smirked as he turned to Joey. "I'll take it from here. Why don't you go and eat or something."

     "There's n-n-no need to be rude, T-Twatface." I snapped. "He's actually t-treatin' me like a human b-b-bein', unlike you."

     "That's the thing though, you're not a human being... not anymore. You're trash, a dog, and you will be treated as such until you learn to abide by our rules." I turned to where Joey stood, but he was gone. I felt bad for him. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, probably got caught up in this the same way I did. "Hey," THWACK! Dwight snapped as he smacked me upside the head. "Pay attention. Rule number one, you treat the Saviors with respect."

     "Respect is earned, n-not given." TWACK! Dwight slapped me across the face

     "The talking back part, that's covered by the respect rule. Rule number two, don't steal. You steal and we find out, you get the iron." The iron? What the fuck was the iron? "Rule number three, we don't rape."

     "G-Glad to hear y'all got s-some sense of m-m-morals." I scoffed. TWACK! Dwight slapped me again.

     "What did I just say?" Dwight growled. "Rape is our number one rule. If you are found guilty of rape or attempted rape, it's an instant death sentence." Dwight grabbed me by my arm and pulled me along side him into a large factory looking building. We climbed a few fights of stairs before stopping in front of a door. "Now, Negan's gonna ask you who you are. What do you say?"

     "Michaela?" THWACK!

     "You say your name is Negan."

     "I ain't nobody's bitch." I grumbled. Dwight tittered as he knocked on the door.

     "You are now."

     "Come in!" Negan's voice called from the other side. Dwight pushed the door open before shoving me forward. The room was decent size, about the same size as my bedroom back in Alexandria. Dwight forced me to sit down in a chair in front of Negan, who was reading a book. Once Dwight backed away, Negan put the book down and turned his attention to me.