The End of a Life

And just like that, my life was over. I could feel the walls around me caving in, I couldn't breathe, my heart stopped. Seeing Negan holding Lucille was intimidating in itself, but seeing the scene that was unfolding before me, was torture. I was dizzy, I felt like throwing up. My pleas and cries went completely ignored as Negan raised Lucille over his head. I screamed, I begged for mercy, but Dwight kept his arms wrapped tight around me. I saw the sadness leave Daryl's eyes in that moment, only to be replaced with the same horror that filled everyone's eyes.

     I kneeled. I fucking kneeled.

     Negan quickly took notice. The words just came out of my mouth like vomit. I couldn't control it, it just came rolling out. "Marry me." I whimpered as I looked down at the ground. Negan looked over at me with a surprised look slapped across his face.

     "I'm sorry, sweetheart, I didn't catch that." Negan smirked. "You're gonna have to speak up." I looked up at Negan with tear filled eyes.

     "I- I'm askin' ya t-to marry me."

     "Oh-ho! So now you wanna fuckin' marry me? Now that your fuckin' husband is about to get his brains splattered across the fuckin' road." Negan smiled and handed Lucille back to Rick as he cockily strutted towards me. "And you fuckin' kneeled too. Not that I'm complainin', you look sexy as hell on your knees." Negan chuckled. "Thought you said you'd rather die than become my wife?" I looked back down, averting my eyes.

     "I'd rather die, but if it means savin' my people, my family, then I'm willin' to give my life up in exchange for theirs."

     "Aw, I'm touched. Truly. I really am." Negan sighed happily. "You do know this means that you'll never see 'em again, right?" I looked up at Negan with tears brimming my eyes. "The wives never leave the Sanctuary. Only one has ever left, and well, you know what happened after that. Then again, she wasn't even my wife yet." Negan laughed. I was literally giving my life up for these people. Giving up every single ounce of happiness I had left in me to keep these people alive. It was worth it.

     "C-Can I at least say goodbye?"

     "Why the fuck would I allow that?"

     "I'd be more inclined to behave if ya did."

     "That's the thing though, sweetheart." Negan smiled. "I like the sass I get from you. In fact, I like it so much that you're the only one who fuckin' gets away with it. Normally I'd beat the ho-ly hell out of anyone who talked to me the way you do, but you? You're special." Negan gently stroked my cheek with the back of his hand. "You know what? Yeah, I'll let you say goodbye, because I am a very lovin' and carin' husband." Dwight let go of me and I instantly ran over to Daryl, embracing him in a hug.

     "I'm sorry." I cried into his shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

     "Ya should've let me die." Daryl grumbled.

     "No, I need ya alive, Daryl. I need ya to live for me."

     "Why? I ain't gonna ever see ya again, I might as well be dead." I pulled away from Daryl and brushed the hair out of his face.

     "This ain't goodbye, Daryl. Far from it. Promise me ya won't do anythin' stupid. Don't make me have to have Rick keep an eye on ya." Tears welled up in Daryl's eyes as he gave me a kiss.

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Negan snapped. "What the fuck do you think you're doin'?"

     "Kissin' my soon-to-be ex husband goodbye." I replied.

     "You can't do that. That's on me though, I haven't explained the rules as a wife yet. As soon as you take the title as my fiancée, you're off limits, that means no kissin'. Finish with your goodbyes, but don't kiss anyone else, alright?" I nodded and turned to Rosita and gave her a hug, she didn't hug me back or say a word to me. She was pissed, I know she was. Here this man killed our two friends, one her ex boyfriend, and I just asked him to marry me. I turned to Eugene who quickly wrapped me in his arms.