twenty-eight

twenty-eight:

Laurent's POV

Thankfully, Larry was discharged today and once his discharge was finalized, I made arrangements with Marcus and took him straight home.

I was more than relieved to leave the hospital, the whole drama that had happened this trip had happened there, so once we step foot into Larry's place, I couldn't help but let out a huge sigh.

Even Larry seemed so relaxed as he lay on the bed and watched TV. He looked so at ease and I was happy for the first time in a while when he voluntarily asked to order Pizza.

I dived for my phone on the dresser and placed an order. The guy was to be here in 10 minutes, so I went to the fridge to get two cans of cold beer. I sat next to Larry and opened one, then handed it to him. Larry looked at my hand then at my face, a small smile appeared on his face.

"What?" I asked, returning his smile.

Larry shook his head. "I no think I suppose to be drink beer."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "Just because."

I scoffed. "Just take it. It'd help keep you calm until the Pizza arrives."

"Hm, okay," Larry said and took the beer from me.

I smiled and opened mine, then finished the content in a few gulps.

I gave a loud burp causing Larry to laugh really loud.

"Eww, Laurent!"

"Hahahah-" I was laughing and another loud burp came out, this time it was in Larry's face.

"Laurent!" Larry cried, waving his hand in his face. "You burp is smelly! Ewww, man!"

"Sorry, I swear I didn't know it was gonna come out!" I laughed.

"Eww, get out," Larry pouted.

"I'm sorry," I laughed more at his attitude, it was so cute. I couldn't believe how long it had been since I had seen Larry like this. It had been really really long and as I experienced it again, I realized how long I had missed it- how long I had missed Larry being so cheerful and full of live.

"Finish this one also," Larry said and shoved his can in my hand. I shook the can, it was still full.

"You didn't even touch it."

"I really no want to drink. Sorry. Thank you for get it for me."

"You want water then?"

"No."

"Juice? Sprite?"

"I fine, Lau. I promise," Larry gave me a smile then placed his head on my shoulders and arms around my waist. "No worry, okay?"

"Okay."

Once the Pizza arrived and I paid for it, I opened the box in front of Larry and the smell filled the whole place.

"Hmm, I miss the smell of Pizza," Larry said, sniffing the pizza in his hand.

I chuckled and started to fill my empty stomach. All the while Larry was in the hospital, I had not eaten more than once a day and I was usually forced by Marcus, since I had not been feeling hungry. Back then I had really been depressed and not been myself because at that moment as I ate, I felt so hungry like my stomach was about to tear open.

I was on my 4th slice when my eyes landed on Larry and I realized he was nibbling on his first Pizza. All he had eaten was not up to one bite from me on my Pizza.