Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi [16]

Recap:
Rika another prisoner from the factory gives Sasori and deidara more information on Tenshi and her time in the factory and about the plan. Before she could tell them what Tenshis part was Tenshi interrupts them. Deidara and Sasori bicker over art on the way back and Tenshi gives her input making the redhead shellshook.

||

Itachi narrowed his eyes in thought  taking on the information Sasori had had given them.
Pein had originally called a meeting to brief them on a plan considering the fallen. With the newfound information Sasori had just shared, it only made the uchiha more frustrated at how much of a mystery she was.

If anything it only made him more drawn to the her. The only thing he wanted to know was why she left konoha in the first place to end up apart of the slave trade. However, that wasn't the number one priority right now.

"Now that Tenshi is a member, we are now able to recruit the individual known as "the fallen."

"I'm sorry but how the fuck are we supposed to find someone who's practically a ghost?" Hidan scowls crossing his arms.

"Based on Kakazu's last report, I suspect that Tenshi is indeed the rumored fallen. It's getting her to reveal it that's the issue."

"Why don't you just ask her yourself un?" Deidara piped up with a bored look.

Thinking about Tenshi now, it made sense for her to be the fallen. How the fallen had worn a cloak that literally had her name on it was no coincidence. Even if she had yet to reveal her infamous dojutsu, Itachi had an idea that it probably had to do with something fine related. Don't get him wrong, it had crossed his mind multiple times but part of him thought she couldn't be that clueless as to make her alias obvious. However, the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Of course she would make it obvious, no one would think twice about it being her. It was practically to coincidental for it to be true and it made me smirk slightly at how clever it was.

"That's to easy. Besides I need to estimate the extent of her Dojutsu's abilities. If she can control time, it will be a very valuable tool in the Akatsuki's future plans."

Itachi couldn't help the flash of annoyance that passed through his eyes at the mention of her powers being used for Akatsuki affairs. Sometimes he forgot how much of a pawn all of them were. He assumed this was the exact reason why the Jikan didn't wanna join in the first place.

"You all are familar with Kusanagi-no-tsurugi?" Pein asks randomly.

The leaders orbs shift to Itachi in expectance making the man shit his eyes reluctantly.

"Its the name of the sword which comes from the the tail of  the Yamato no Orochi. The swords said the be one of the three sacred regalia of all the shinobi countries."

The sword is linked to a story that extends into nothing but a legend. The god Susano encountered a grieving family which was being ravaged by the orochi, an eight headed and tailed serpent dragon who had consumed seven of the families eight daughters and that the creature was coming for his final daughter. Susano had came up with a plan to slay the beast by luring it in with wine to trap it's heads with Gates. With the distraction, susano had attacked and slew the beast chopping off each of its heads then proceeded to chop its tails. In the fourth tail, he discovers a great sword inside the body and named it Ame-no-Murakumo-no-tsurugi which was then named the kusanagi-no-tsurugi whom he presented to the dragon goddess Amaterasu to settle an old grievance."

"Damn that's the most I've heard him speak un." Deidara muttered.

Kisame raises his brows in realization at the myth. "Hmm I heard of that story but how do you know so much about it Itachi?" He askes.
The Uchiha averted his attention elsewhere, keeping his face void of emotion. He silently reminisced in the stories his mother used to tell him about the gods and goddess.