Long time no see [13]

Recap:
Tenshi gets lots at the base. Itachi shows her around.
"Only On good days."
||

"You wanted to see me." I say in monotone.
After Itachi had showed me around he had dropped me off at Pein's office.

I fidget my fingers anxiously whilst trying to keep my calm composure. We still needed to go over the deal and what I had seen in the cell across from mine.

"I assume you wish to go over the agreement." He says in a business like voice clasping his hands in front of his mouth.

"How did you do it." I say with narrowed eyes. There was no jutsu other than the Seconds forbidden that could be the reason behind it.
He chuckles in response making me feel uneasy as his rinnegan eyes penetrate mine.
"These eyes of mine do many things. Think of it as a gift. You become a member in return for, well her."

"I will stay a member so long as you let her go. Let me take her away." All traces of anxiousness were wiped off my face. I had a promise to keep and like a certain blonde I never went back on my word either.

He narrowed his eyes skeptically, "You know I can't let you do that. She has ties to you which make her a threat to the akatsuki."

I grit my teeth feeling my temper rise with the man. There was no way I'm letting her stay here. She'd been through enough already and deserved better. The Akatsuki was no place for someone like her. Being affiliated with the akatsuki and let alone me was dangerous enough as it was. I couldn't do that to her.

"Let me erase her memory then."
With everything she went through the least I could do was this. She wouldn't live with the hell she was dragged through in that prison.
"And what will you do with her then?" He says with raised brows.

"Let me deal with that."
After a few moments of deep thought he nods his head. "Zetsu, bring the girl" His deep voice  breaks the silence in order. Not long after, the plant man appears from the floor with a small whimpering girl in hand. At the appearance of the girl, I feel my heart swell in relief.

Her familiar doe eyes dart around the room in the same state as I was when I first woke up here. She was afraid she had been captured.
Her eyes finally meet mine and it seemed the events from before dawned harshly upon her.
"Oni-Chan...w-what's going on...?"

"Hold her still." I demand.

Ignoring the  the look of betrayal and fear crossing her features,  zetsu forced her to her knees keeping her arms constrained behind her. Before she could utter a word,  I flash in front of her small frame, my genkai spinning wildly. I swiftly lean down and press my thumbs to the side of her temple causing her to yelp in pain from the pressure

"Memory sweep.."

"AHHHHH!"

I continue applying pressure to her temple, ignoring her blood curling scream as zetsu keeps her still whilst she flails in pain.
Guilt racks my being as her life flashed before my eyes until there was barely anything left.
The memory sweep was a genjutsu part of the stage 4 which allowed the user to not only make the target relive their worst memories and fears but to erase their entire memory afterwards. It was a way of learning the targets weakness yet leaving them vulnerable at the same time.

After a few more moments, her body turned rigid as her eyes that once looked up to me in admiration now turned dull as I catch her collapsing form. I cradle her head in hidden sorrow as my bangs concealed my eyes.

Gomen...

"Sasori and Deidara will accompany you to make sure you don't forget our agreement."
I click my tongue in annoyance at the thought of being babysitted. I'm not gonna run. They were the Akatsuki for Pete's sake, they'd find me eventually.