November : 2

November 1st - Monday

~

He had to say it was his least favorite month.

Two words.

The Cold

It managed to sneak it's way through his windows as he slept, leaving him feeling bare under the two blankets he stacked on top of himself, soon to be three.

But, maybe he wouldn't hate it as much if the nine-year-old hand me down snow windows his parents bought for him had actually worked. The only good they brought was the sight that there weren't holes in his walls. They were far from visually appealing and left Jimin with a hefty heater bill he really couldn't afford to pay.

~

4:48 a.m.

It was quiet, something Jimin had to deal with more than he'd like.

But, he didn't mind, as It often took the stress off of the job he wasn't sure why he still had.

It's not that it was absolutely terrible.

He just wasn't satisfied.

He could live with working at a desk for 14 hours at a time and going to meetings which seemed to have no end.

But he didn't exactly want to.

Jimin thought that anyone at the age of 22 should be doing something like pursing dreams or partying with girls. Not that that was necessarily his definition of fun, but it should be something along the lines of:

Living life to it's fullest.

Something the boy with blonde hair was not good at.

Far from it actually.

Jimin's existance was the epitome of boring, a life filled with dull colors that passed by each month, only seeming to get colder and colder.

~

Jimin rubbed his eyes, thinking that the large bags under them might disappear if he rubbed hard enough.

He sat up faster than intended, throwing his blankets aside, the cold he thought he had been feeling for the 4 hours of sleep he barely got finally hit him.

~

What a mess...

Jimin thought to himself when he finally reached the bathroom. His cheeks were abnormally rosy and flushed, and his oversized sweater made him look at least 2 feet shorter and was 100 sizes too big in Jimin's opinion. The ugly green and red panda print item of clothing was the only thing that was able to keep him somewhat warm from the cold that pricked at his skin.

He had been planning for months that once he got rid of those stupid windows, he would never have to see this abomination again.

Who even decided to make pandas green and red in the first place? Jimin thought as he looked at the sweater in disgust.

But then again, this sweater happened to be the one thing that protected him since he woudnt be able to afford new windows.

Anytime soon.

So, just like he had after the last few months from when the weather started dipping into colder temperatures and his windows started seeping chills from the air, he would have to get used to it.

His eyes shifted from the sweater to the rest of himself. His blonde hair was a mess, far different what it had looked like the previous hours before. The sweater he wore covered the bulk of muscles he was starting to develop on his arms and abs.

Jimin left the bathroom giving his hair a ruffle only to realize that putting his hands through it would not fix the mess on top of his head.

He started walking over to the island counter in his kitchen that really had no place but hey, it was on sale.

When could Jimin ever say no to anything that caught his attention?

~

Jimin's balance was teetered by an object under his foot, just barely catching himself from landing flat on his face.

"Shit," Jimin said in frustration as he looked down to see what had caught him off guard.

The Trumpet

Now, a normal person would think was just a normal trumpet, and would act totally normal.

And that's just how Jimin acted.

Normal.

But that was only at first.

Once he really saw it.

He smiled.

The corners of his lips turned upward and a laugh threatened to escape his lips but never quite made it.

That stupid thing would be the death of him, though he could never bring himself to get rid of it.

The funny part was that he never actually played the strange instrument that took up space in his apartment. Sometimes he would even pick it up and blow through it, pressing his fingers on the three valves too fast to make any noise. When it did though, it was like someone was taking a sharp knife and gashing it through your ears.

Yes, Park Jimin, the owner of this damned instrument could not play it if his life depended on it.

His mother, the only person who really knew of it, wondered what was so special about it.

"It only takes up space that could be used."

But no one other than the three people he hadn't seen since graduation could understand.

Most days he had to stop himself from recalling the hilarious memory that once brought laughs so hard he actually started crying because his heart hurt too much to think about it.

~

5:25am.

Sleep threatened Jimin as he sat on one of the high comfortable chairs he bought from a thrift store, hoping it would match the pointless island he bought days before. The glass in his hand almost fell to the floor as he shot awake at the sound of Ed Sheeran blasting through his alarm clock.

Jimin sighed to himself placing the cup back on the table, not a single drop taken out of it. He forced himself over to his nightstand, the sound of 'Happier' filling his ears.

It was only until after he had turned his alarm off had he noticed the small change of brightness in the room. When he awoke 30 minutes earlier, everything was pitch black, no sight of the moon to comfort him in times he needed it.

Though it seemed to be warmer, the moon still refused to show itself, as if it were holding a grudge against the blonde.

It was only then that the light he thought he had seen disappeared back into the darkness once his eye's adjusted. He sighed, pushing himself off the chair, unfazed from the disappointment that once again filled and coated over his heart.

Though Jimin didn't hate it, sometimes he wished winter would give a little more than he'd hoped for.

-

First chapter ❤✌