Neko!

A/N: I KNOW IT'S SHORT AND I KNOW IT'S FILLER-ISH AND I'M SORRY DX BUT SCHOOL'S ALMOST OVER AND IT'S HARD WITH ALL THE LAST MINUTE FINALS AND CRAP!!!! BUT DURING THE SUMMER I'M MUCH MORE AVAILABLE SO I VOW TO SIT DOWN AND SERIOUSLY GET TO WORK! LOVE YOU GUYS AND HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT. ~xXMakeMeOrBreakMeXx

“…We kidnap Sasuke…”

Shikamaru stared with a look of caution and hesitation. He pursed his lips together in consideration. “Sounds like a bad idea…LET’S DO IT!”

Naomi smirked at his newfound excitement. Whenever it came to harming Sasuke in some form or another, Shikamaru was always ready and willing. It amused her a bit.

Mew.

Something warm and fuzzy rubbed up against her leg. She jumped and stared at the little black creature. She recognized that lazy, condescending gaze. She knew that familiar meow. She recognized the creature. Only it had grown considerably in her absence.

Shika chuckled. “Look, she remembers you. Do you remember her? She’s missed you just like the rest of us.”

Naomi stooped down to caress the cat, who shoved its head into her palm and purred excitedly. “Neko,” she murmured wistfully, “I’ve missed you, too, girl. How’ve you been? Who’s been taking care of her?” Her attention averted to Shika temporarily before Neko emitted an impatient, unsatisfied growl, and Naomi turned back to spoil her.

“Naruto and I switch off every other month. She seems to like Naruto more, though. Probably because he’s a fox on the inside and I’m just a human.”

That wasn’t entirely true. Neko had grown fond of both of them, just as both of them had developed an attachment to her. They were all the other had left as a reminder of Naomi, that she once existed.

Naomi scratched beneath her chin, her favorite spot. Her purr amplified. “Neko, girl, you wanna help us out on a mission?” Those intelligent, glistening golden eyes stared ahead in bliss. “You wanna help us kidnap Sasuke?”

She didn’t receive an answer, but she pretended that she had. “Good girl,” she crooned, “we’ll start planning in the morning. Shika, bring Neko and meet me back here at six. I’ve got to get back before anyone notices I’m gone.”

He offered a salute and swooped the resistant feline into his arms. She clawed and hissed, but Shika held her at bay. “Until tomorrow, Nay.”

She waved after him as he disappeared into the night. “Until tomorrow, Shika,” she whispered. Something about the excitement of it all, of a change in her otherwise dull, nondescript life gave her a pulse of adrenaline.

In that one moment, she relived all the anxiety and nervousness of the day before the Chuunin Exams. She felt young, inspired, renewed. All of her previously subdued emotions and thoughts came bubbling to the surface. She felt like Naomi again.

Tomorrow just couldn’t come soon enough.