Unexpected Guests

A/N First, the part where Naomi freaks out in her room and acts all suspicious and stuff, is not my work. it's from a story on quizilla and i wish i could remember which one. all i know is that i was granted permission, so please don't accuse me of plagerism. And one more thing, if you can answer the following question I will dedicate one of the chapters to you...

In a world where rhinoceroses (is that the plural of rhinoceros?) are domesticated pets, who wins the Second World War? (hint, you'd know this if you watch The Big Bang Theory a.k.a. the best television show other than anime ever created)

Naomi had no alarm. She always managed to wake ten minutes before the sun rose. She’d make herself a cup of warming, soothing Jasmine tea and leaned on her balcony railing, watching the magnificent sunrise as it painted the sky red and gold, her two favorite colors.

That morning was no different. She breathed in the cool, refreshing smell of the brisk morning air, enjoying the silent peace throughout the village, quite opposite of the usual, bustling life in the streets. She tried to enjoy the sunrise like usual, but her mind kept wandering back to what Asuma had told them the previous day.

We’re going to have an invigorating training session tomorrow!

The grip on her tea cup suddenly tightened immensely as a low growl escape her lips. If it meant kicking Shika’s ass, she’d put up with anything, even a few more insults from Ino and a few more days of neglect from Asuma.

Snorting a laugh, Naomi shook her head and took a sip from her tea. She was thinking too much. She watched the early morning sunrise for a reason, and one reason only: to clear her mind and calm her for the day’s upcoming lessons.

So she slumped her shoulders and downed the rest of her tea just as the sun showed itself fully above the horizon. She was going to make the best of this day. She had a good feeling about it.

Her cat gave a hungry meow from the kitchen as she sauntered up to Naomi and pleaded at her with her large golden eyes. Well, she technically didn’t belong to Naomi. She was a stray cat, an alley cat, which Naomi happened to find sneaking through her garbage one night.

Ever since then, the two had become undeniably close, and although the cat didn’t have an officially name, she always knew when Naomi was calling to her.

“Okay, okay,” Naomi giggled, “you’re hungry, I get it. I’ll go get you some food.”

The cat followed at her heels impatiently. Naomi pulled out a can of processed tuna and scrunched her nose at the thought.

“I don’t know how you guys eat this stuff. It’s repulsive,” she muttered before peeling back the metal lid and plopping the mushy substance onto a plate. “Here you are. Eat up.”

Her cat dashed towards the food instantly, purring as she did. Naomi wasted no time in preparing a bowl of warm milk for Her Royal Highness before she could complain again. The bowl was set right beside the plate as Naomi watched her little kitten with adoring eyes.

“I suppose I do have to give you a name, though,” she mused thoughtfully, scratching her kitten’s ears. “Why not just Cat? It’s what I’ve been calling you all this time, anyways.”