Late for Training

“Naomi?”

“Naomi?”

“Naomi, the apartment’s on fire!”

“Naomi! Uh…Sasuke’s here?”

Immediately Naomi bolted out of bed, kunai in hand as she glared, searching for the Uchiha. She hated him almost as much as she hated Shikamaru. Sasuke was constantly showing her up, too.

Naruto rolled his eyes. Figures. Naomi wouldn’t wake if the place was on fire, but she’d snap at the first mention of Shika’s or Sasuke’s name.

Eventually, she figured out Naruto was lying as she lowered her kunai. “That was not funny,” she growled, scratching her bed-head.

“Um yeah, it kind of was,” teased Naruto.

Yawning, Naomi wriggled towards the edge of her bed like a worm. “Help me up.” Naruto cast her a strange glance.

“No,” was his blunt reply.

The two shared a quick glare-down before Naomi threw her arms up in vexation. Then she proceeded to fall out of bed. Literally. And she managed to bump her head against the wall as she did.

“Ow!” A few more words came out that will not be mentioned here due to extreme profanity. “Naruto! What the hell? Don’t just stand there laughing like an idiot. Help me up!”

Still chuckling a bit, he walked over and extended a hand, pulling her to her feet effortlessly.

“You should really work out. You’re as light as a feather,” he commented, resulting in Naomi scowling distastefully at him.

“It’s not my fault I have no muscle! None of my family members were ninjas. Therefore, we have no muscle, meaning the genes were not passed down to me. Zip,” she defended stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest.

Naruto snorted at her persistence. “Whatever you say, Princess!”

“I am not a Princess!”

“Then grow some muscle!”

“Look whose talking!”

They fell into an uncomfortably silence as Naruto glared at her in half-amusement, half-irritation. “That wasn’t very nice, Naomi. Now I’m going to have to punish you.”

Her eyes widened as she realized what the only thing Naruto would do to her was. “Oh God.”