The Innocent Lie And The Journey Home.

Начните с самого начала

The figure turned and headed back toward the pool of water.  That was all I got for coming here.  How was I going to free the others.  I scrambled forward, my hand landing on the rock basin that held the water.

"Wait!" My voice reverberated through the cavern. "I don't know how to help them.  I have no idea what I'm doing."

"You have everything that you came here for."

"That wasn't an explanation. That didn't help at all." Frustration, and anger, filled my voice as the figure turned her head. "I came here for answers. This isn't even close to an answer."

"My dear, I have told you what you need to know. You have been through a lot. I know, and understand, that. But you are no longer in the situation in which you have to live in fear.  This is a new start, use it wisely.  If you do not change that will be the downfall of yourself, and those you consider friends."

With those last resonating words the figure disappeared. I felt so frustrated. Would I really be able to undo the mess I made?  I started back immediately. Even if I couldn't manage to get it right, I had to try.  The sun had begun to rise in the eastern sky. I stopped for a moment.  The sunrise I had longed to see for years was right here in front of me.   But those happy emotions I once tied to this beautiful sight were gone. My feet restarted the trek back to town. By the time I arrived back I found Merlin in the same exact place. Part of me was hopeful that the spell would wear off.  My mind processed what I had been given for information.  I tried to calm myself, but I couldn't stop shaking.

"Okay," I said trying, in vain, to convince myself to do this, "I didn't mean to make this happen.  I know things need to change. I do. I have to let my past go. And you've done nothing but try to help me and I ended up doing this.  Just stop standing around like a statue. You said we'd go back to Camelot. And that you'd help me with my magic.  I can't do this alone, Merlin, I need your help." 

He didn't move. No matter how much I had hoped it did nothing. I turned my back and paced around for a minute.  All this talk about having some big destiny planned and I couldn't even undo this simple magic. I was so utterly useless, wasn't I?  The power to give even a simple word life via magic and I couldn't utilize it.

"You did not just leave me standing here all night, did you?" Merlin asked, causing me to spin around.

"You...You're okay!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around him. I feared he would never go back to normal. "I'm so happy to see you're okay."

"Listen, I can keep this little secret of yours, but please no more leaving me outside overnight."

"It was only a few hours, but it's a deal."

"Merlin!" Arthur shouted, storming out of the house he slept in. "Merlin, why-"

He started to yell, but saw us awkwardly step away from each other.  He stared for just a moment before turning away from us. Merlin quickly excused himself to prepare everything for the trip home. I headed into my house and gathered a few last belongings, including one of my father's swords and a bow.  Just a few mementos that survived through the attack and fires. I walked out to find Merlin half asleep on one of the horses. The knights were gathered by one of the houses.  I threw my bag onto the horse that I had ridden to get here.

"Need a hand, Merlin?" I asked.

"Yeah, what? I'm awake."

"Might wanna try a bit harder to stay awake.  Don't need you getting scolded."

"It'd be your fault anyway," he smiled.

"It's a long ride home."

"Camelot is your home then?"