Magic Words And Unintentional Spells.

I don't usually prompt outfits, but the following picture is what I imagined for the new outfit. In this chapter. I know it's from Hansel and Gretel: witch hunters. It just best shows what I was imagining. But if you don't like it. You can imagine something a bit more your style.

Anyway, sorry for the hold up

Anyway, sorry for the hold up. Onto the next installment!

There was no chance of me falling asleep.  Not after this day.  I waited patiently for the others to fall asleep. Upon the sound of snoring I lifted my head.  The knights were asleep.  I headed out of the house to my own home. The rain still poured down and my bare feet stepped in the mud.  I stared at the charred remains of my home.  There was but a moment before I stepped inside.  Smoldering ashes had burnt through the home I remembered.  I looked for anything my mother left behind about magic.  But there was nothing more than her words for me to go west.  I felt it earlier, the power, the magic, that flowed through me.  As once happy memories danced through my mind; they were replaced with the destroyed images of the burnt, smoldering remains of my home.  I walked through the side of the house that wasn't still smokey.  The small dresser where I kept some of my clothes were there.  In the bottom drawer was something wrapped in thin paper.  I pulled the parcel from the drawer.  Beneath the paper was a beautiful set of gear that looked like it was for a hunter.  It did not look like men's clothes. I could only assume this was my mother's.  But I had never seen her wear anything close to this outfit.  I was starting to have more questions than answers.  I walked through the doorway to the bedroom separated from the rest of the house.  I lay out the outfit across the floor.  My head felt fuzzy.  For some reason I remembered that dream that haunted my sleep every night as a child.  For a moment part of that scene was clear, but not long enough for me to fully remember it.  It was just a flash of something long forgotten. I switched out the fancy dress for this more casual attire.  I felt more like myself in this new outfit. An off white blouse was covered by a leather style vest that passed my hips meeting pants with a similar hue of the vest.  A pair of leather gloves, and boots, sat on the floor as I admired the clothes.  It felt like these clothes would have fit my mother perfectly.  She was taller than I had been.   Unfamiliar words left my lips as the clothes magically tailored to fit me. Almost instantly I heard a voice that told me to go to the very caves my mother told me about.  As fast as that voice had startled me, it was gone; leaving me standing alone and quite confused. I walked into the main part of the house throwing my things onto a bed not harmed by the fire.  My eyes scanned the room with the realization that my family had way more secrets than I knew of. The silence suddenly broken by footsteps entering my home.

"What're you doing?" Merlin's voice inquired.

"Nothing." I spun around, defensive in my stance, "this is my home. Didn't think I needed your permission to come here."

"You killed those bandits earlier, didn't you?"

"It was a rush of anger. I didn't plan to, but it just happened."