chapter seven ; wet

12/30 ; 7:26 PM ; Durance Family Household .

Since Christmas , Nix Durance had dropped into what most would call a sudden depression . He sat on the couch , bent over his legs while he fiddled with a rubiks cube . When Nix and Alex were sixteen , the cubes had become a fad once more , and Nix , being one of the few people able to solve it , felt his head grow big when Alex asked him to teach him how to solve one .

" It's an algorithm . " Nix explained to Alex who held a mixed cube in his palms . He tossed it around like he did a ball and watched as Nix flipped through his cube , eventually solving it . The younger made it look incredibly easy , and , too his credit , it was .

The two sat on Alex's bunk , legs crossed , facing eachother , as Nix made an attempt at explaining to Alex how to solve the cube .

" Can you dumb it down for me ? " Alex asked , pausing his tossing . Nix messed his cube up again , agitated , and held it up to Alex .

" It's a pattern . " He said , slowly , as if speaking to a child . Alex rolled his eyes and grabbed Nix's cube , throwing it on the floor . Nix huffed and climbed down the ladder , going to retrieve his cube .

" Now it's on the floor . " Alex bragged . Nix grabbed one of Alex's dirty shirts and flung it at him , the older catching it easily .

" If you're going to be a child about it , then I'm not going to teach you . Watch a video or something . " Nix spat , grabbing his cube and storming out .

" Come on , Nixie ! " Alex yelled , climbing down to chase after him .
" Don't throw a tantrum over a joke ! "

A joke .

Nix thought all of this was a joke , but it wasn't . Not anymore . Alex had taken it too far if it was , and now , Nix was questioning every aspect of his life . His sexuality and opinions on incest the most .

Nix had never been attracted to guys . He wasn't blind , of course , and could identify an attractive male , but he never found any actually stimulating . Girls were another topic themselves . Nix could do more than identify a pretty face amongst females . He always took in each detail of a girl with consideration . He had ideals for girls , but not for boys .

But he never had a crush on either sex .

Nobody's personality appealed to him , and if it did , he continued to push them away out of fear they were , in anyway , related to Alex . He had started a three way relationship with the porn app on his phone and his hand , though . That worked out well enough when he needed relief .

It wasn't ideal , but nothing about his situation was ideal .

He had come to the conclusion , sitting on the couch and starring at one finished side of the rubiks cube ( the red side , naturally ) , that incest was out of the question for him . He couldn't bring himself to do it , no matter what . It was gross . The thought of it made his dick want to shrivel up and die .

Nix knew what people saw in Alex . The two were attractive in the basic pretty boy type of way . Alex was the all-star baller that all the pretty girls pawwed at , all the guys wanted to be friends with , and everyone romanticized .

But to Nix he was just Alex . Same old Alex who peed in the tub when they were six . Unnattractive Alex who vommitted up gas station sushi on their twelth birthday . Ignorant Alex who once asked if DNA meant
' Identity Inside Artery '

He just couldn't love his brother in a non-brotherly way .

Brotherly .

Brother .