chapter two : memorial for the identical

12/10 ; 7:05 AM ; Durance Family Household

Nix sat on the same barstool , his feet hooked under the rungs as he picked through the waffles as if they were under a microscope . He sat in silence , pulling Mike apart bit by bit as if he could see a poison should it have been put into the premaid pancakes .

In the end , he ended up coating them in a thick layer of caramel syrup and consuming them whole . They were rough , and the closer he got to the middle of the waffle , the colder and harder it got . Intentionally or not , the pancakes were going to put him in a grave . It got so bad at one point Nix began to worry about chipping a tooth .

As the silence continued ; Nix let his mind roam .

What happened last night ?

The last thing he remembered seeing was someone walking into the bathroom - and that could've been anybody who had to take a piss - though he was willing to bet on one person in specific .

Valerie .

Knowing Valerie , and how persistant she is , the likelihood of her coming into the bathroom in search of Nix was high . Even when Alex and her were dating she was pushy . Even back in grade school Valerie was pushy . She was always the one stealing people's crayons and talking the teacher into let her be the line leader . When She and Alex were dating , she was always repeating that he had to meet her mom and Dad . It was the one time Nix felt bad for Valerie in his entire life - because she thought Alex was going to be a permenant thing . A somewhat meaningful relation that Alex just saw as a fuck .

However , her kick hadn't been to the balls , is was a heel straight down on his dick . It woke Nix up out of a dead sleep and a bruise stayed on his cock for the following two weeks . Every time he sat had to be calculated to a T to ease the discomfort .

It didn't do much in rivalry to the three inch Gucci heel , and , per usual , all sympathy drained from Nix's body .

The bruise only went away a week ago .

If Valerie did come in , then he definitely lost his virginity to her last night . The thought made him want to puke . Any self respect he had remaining would be washed down the drain .

The real issue was how he got from point A , the party , to point B , home . There was a blurry spot there that included Alex , or Jaime , finding him in the process of a blackout . That was the real mystery .

To find out what happened during the blur would require some sort of detective work - that including manipulating Valerie into telling on herself . She might be pushy and a liar , but that didn't make her stupid . There would be no witness should they have banged .

Nix wouldn't be mad if he did sleep with Valerie . He wanted to lose the title of virgin so badly sometimes . Recently was one of those times . He began masturbating alot more than he normally would , but maybe that was just the stress of keeping his grades up .

That didn't change the fact that he was drunk .

If he did sleep with Valerie , he probably wouldn't want to be there for it . She was known to be easy -

Nix grimaced as millions of images filled his head at the use of the word . He hoped she used protection - some sort of something - anything . What if her pull off game was weak ? Nix was ready to be dead before he was ready to be a Dad . That would throw a wrench in everything . He wasn't equipped to take care of a child .

Although he would never say it out loud , the word ' Abortion ' now ran rampant through his head as he plotted the unlikely scenario .

If Valerie did get knocked up , he wasn't going to watch the child . He wasn't going to claim it . Alex had a kid now . Nobody would be able to tell the difference - not even science . Then again , if Valerie did have a child , she'd likely blame it on Alex anyways just to spite him . Once again , not even science could prove otherwise