chapter four : rusty red

12/16 ; 7:44 AM ; Durance Family Household

Nix Durance woke up on the hardwood floor of the living room . A solid crick held his neck in an uncomfortable tilt to the left , forcing him to crack it before moving .

He felt , for lack of a better word , dirty . Soiled .

Whatever it was dragged him into the bathroom to shower . He stripped himself of all of his clothing and hopped into the shower . He stood quietly , allowing steaming hot water to pass over his body in a rush . This was no mind cleansing , but hair washing would have to do before he could start therapy again .

It would take a gun shot to the head to forget last night , or rather , that morning . It had happened only three or so hours ago ; and Nix still couldn't burn the image of Alex grinding into his fist out of his mind .

He didn't sleep . It didn't feel like it at least . If anything , it was a prolonged blink that just made Nix feel more anxious and disgusted the longer he laid on the couch .

He thought about it , and , looking back at the situation , he probably should've stopped Alex .

It wasn't like masturbation was new to Nix . He did it himself . It wasn't the act of masturbation that scared him .

I was who was masturbating .

Obviously .

Nix knew that if it was some girl sat next to him , he likely would've pulled over and lost his virginity on the spot . He had self control - but only to some degree .

But it was Alex . Identical twin Alex . Cheated-at-Clue Alex . Makes-fun-of Nix's-crochet-sweater-jackets Alex .

Alex Durance .

Nix would have to tell Alex what he did . He deserved to know - regardless of how nasty it was . It was the right thing to do even if it tied Nix's stomach in knots .

Alex was drunk . He didn't know what he was doing - end of story . Nix would casually bring it up , call Alex gross , and the two would go on living their lifes .

Even though everything felt off about the situation .

Nix stepped out of the shower and dried quickly , the cold air adding to the already unpleasant feeling in his body . He wrapped the towel around his waist and picked up his dirty clothes , tossing them on top of a bright pink pair of panties . He snarled and looked away - he didn't need to think of another cherished family member that way .

Nix crossed the hall to the joint room . He turned the handle slowly and peaked inside . Alex wasn't anywhere visible . He stepped inside , and crept over to the closet .

Alex laid curled up on the bottom bunk - Nix's bunk . His black hair was sprawled on the white pillow , and his legs held Nix's red blanket in a death grip . His eyebrows were knitted together as his lips mouthed untangable words .

Nix grabbed a sweater and jeans , and got dressed in the living room .

He slipped on his boots and his jacket , before walking out to an obnoxiously bright morning .

The Durance family , specifically Linda , liked decorating . So much so Nix was quite sure that , if there was a Santa , he could see their house from three miles back .

During a snow storm

While blindfolded .

And just flat out blind .

The Durance family house hold always went all out for Christmas - and every holiday , but especially Christmas .

Linda enjoyed the whole feel of Christmas and always acted extremely festive . Ugly sweaters were a must ( Donny always made it imperative to make some perfectly timed joke about Nix's sweater fetish )
Hot coco coursed through their blood , and they might as well hang themselves with christmas lights .