80: Zayn & I

FOUR DAY WEEKEND STARTS TODAY IM SO HAPPY 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Edit: [it now ends today bc it's Sunday and school is tomorrow but I'm back. 😊]

--------

Description: ever since Niall met Zayn, the two have inseparable. There's a twist; Zayn is imaginary.

--------

Niall was only four years old when he started seeing someone with him almost where ever he goes. Except everytime he would try to tell his mom, she wouldn't believe him because she'd see nothing there with her youngest son in his room. But as he grew older, he learned that the someone was there to be by his side for his childhood.

He's grown to love his friend, who he learned was imaginary. That didn't stop Niall though. Like every kid, he would blame Zayn if he was the one who actually ate the last cookie and say that Zayn doesn't like broccoli so he wouldn't have to eat the vegetables.

Zayn has been there for Niall ever since he could remember. Ever since Niall had 'created' him, he hasn't left his side once. So what's the problem now that Niall is now sixteen years old in high school?

Well, Zayn still didn't leave. Zayn was still there and went with Niall to school, talking to him only when the blonde was alone because he didn't want him to be made fun of.

At five years old, Niall had always told Zayn about how mean the other students where to him. Zayn would do nothing but give him a hug. To Niall, he's hugging an actual person. But if you were Maura and walked in his room, he's hugging air and talking to no one.

It took awhile to understand. But when they finally did, doctors prescribed Niall some medication for this which just so happened to be some type of disorder. Except, he never took the pills because he never wanted Zayn to leave.

"So, Zayn, what are your plans for tonight?" Niall asked swinging his feet as he sat on his bed. He smiled kindly at Zayn who returned the gesture with a smile on his own face.

"Not much," Zayn replied. "Maybe I'll watch a movie with you and eat ice cream like we always do on the weekends. But that's up to you."

Niall clapped his hands excitedly. He got off his bed and went to the living room, Zayn following behind him. The two sat on the couch , Niall putting some movie. He saw a chimpanzee movie that looked kinda interesting and choose that one, lookin at Zayn for approval. When Zayn nodded, the movie started playing.

Maura came down to the living room, seeing no one but Niall. She raised an eyebrow when the boy was cuddling with no one, smile on his face, and watching a movie. She sat down next to him, "honey... are you alright?"

"Just fine, mom. Why? Is everything okay?" Niall asked frown on his face. He cuddled Zayn closer to him, hoping that the embrace would make him feel a little bit as he waited for his mother's response.

"Who are you talking to?" Maura asked.

"Zayn."

"But there's no one there..."

Zayn heard this and scowled at Maura. How can she say such a thing? He's the one who's there for her son when he's being bullied, shouldn't she be thankful? He works his bum off to make Niall happy and he doesn't want to change anything.

Niall frowned, "of course there is. He's right next to me. Almost next to you, actually."

Maura sighed. "Babe, there's no one here. It's just you and me. There's no Zayn."

At this point, Niall was upset. Zayn was there! Zayn is real! He sees him with his eyes, how come Maura doesn't? Maybe his mom just needed glasses... there certainly was someone next to him. Because he had enough of the conversation, he got off the couch and stormed off to his room.

Zayn followed behind him, Maura then feeling a cool breeze pass by her. Her eyes widen and she shivers a little, "how the-?"

Niall made it to his room and relaxed on his bed as he cleared his thoughts. Zayn came in and sat down next to him with a sad smile.

"Zayn, are you real?"

"I'm just a part of your imagination, Niall. Soon I'll be gone and won't be here by your side anymore. You're going to be an adult and I'll be away from you, with someone new to be friends with," Zayn frowned.

Niall got up and gasped, hugging Zayn as tight as he could. "No! I don't want you to go! I want you to stay here with me, forever. I don't care if people find me weird, I like being friends with you. If you leave, you'll forget about our friendship."

Zayn sighed. He wanted to tell Niall that he wasn't just an imaginary friend. He was more than that, but would Niall understand? How would the blonde take it?

-----

Part 2 or...??

ALSO I HAVE A MUKE SHORT STORY COMING OUT VERY SOON YOU GUYS!! BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR IT! ❤️❤️