7: War

Don't hate me for this... ;-;

Grab some tishes btw : /

- - - - -
They were never to fall in love with another. They were supposed to be enemies like their families. They were supposed to be good leaders, leading their clans to war with the other. But that changed them, and had them like this.

Both of the vampires knew that this could have their clans into some type of serious trouble, but they couldn't help the connections and chemistry that sparked between them.

It's been rumored that since the beginning of Vampire time, that the Malik family has stolen the family crest of the Horan family. The family crest is what keeps peace and harmony between everyone in the Horan Clan. And at the time, they are falling apart and angry at the Malik Clan for taking what belongs to them.

Truth to be told, Niall and Zayn both know that the Malik Clan doesn't have the Horan family crest. They knew that if they tried to tell their clan, that no one will believe them. Because the rumor has been going on for so many years.

So to everyone, the member of the Horan and Malik clan made it seem to everyone that they are enemies, making plans to go to war with the other.

The Horan Clan demanded for there to be a war to get their crest back from the Malik Clan. The Malik's only agreed to it so this can be over with, and prove themselves innocent of not taking the crest.

"This evening, I have gathered us all to have an important discussion," Zayn told his clan. "We will be going to war to prove ourselves innocent because we have not taken the other clans' crest!"

The audience cheered, agreeing with their leader. Zayn sighed and held the quill tighter in his hand. "But, there must be things you all have to know."

"This rumor has been going on for too long, leader Zayn! We should be the ones declaring this war, not them! I say we should start firing at this very moment!" Someone exclaimed.

This earned them cheers and a bunch of people who agreed. Zayn shook his head, and put his hand up. He was about to say something when a guard came in, shouting, "they set an arrow. War starts now."

The people in the Malik Clan began to scream in fear when the other clan started firing their attacks. Zayn watched as his people started running, grabbing their own weapons.

"STOP!" Niall shouted, whistling so everyone in his clan can listen to him. "WE ARE NOT ATTACKING THEM! WE WAIT TILL THEY ATTACK!"

No one listened. Everyone from both clans started fighting each other and shooting arrows. Niall and Zayn made their way around, shielding themselves, trying to find the other.

Zayn saw Niall and took him by the wrist, making the blond scream in fear, thinking it was over for him. Zayn pressed a finger against Niall's lips, causing the blond to scowl.

"We have to find a way to stop them from attacking. The truth needs to be out." Zayn said.

"Whatever we say, they won't listen, Zayn. This had been going on for many years. We might be the leaders of the clans but we're still young! And they won't believe young vamps like us," Niall told him.

Arrows came their way which caused Niall to shield himself. "I swear, by the time this 'war' is over."

Zayn was about to run away from the arrows and garlic being thrown his way, but froze when something sharp hit him in the back. He yelped in pain, causing everyone to stop as the Malik Clan leader crouched down in pain.

Niall went confused onto why everyone was gathered around. Some he noticed where from the Malik clan and they were crying. The blond dropped his shield and made his way towards whatever it was taking the attention. What he saw made his eyes well up with tears.

Immediately he used his power to create a small bubble around him and Zayn, other people on the other side. Niall crouched down on his knees, and picked Zayn up, placing his head on his lap. The other vampire leader was bleeding badly on his bad, blood inking through his shirt.

"Zayn, speak to me please."

"It h-hurts, Niall. It hurts," Zayn cried as tears escaped his eyes. "Help me. It hurts."

People grew confused when they saw Niall get the arrow from the back of the other vampire.

"What is he doing?!"

"What's going on?!"

"Why is he crying?!"

Questions where going everywhere. Niall then removed the bubble, and tried to pick Zayn up. The vampire was slowly loosing all his blood. "SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" Niall screamed.

One of Niall's cousins helped him, bringing Zayn to the nurse in the Horan Clan. Nurse Jesy was confused when a member from her enemies' clan was in her office, but didn't question anything when she saw anger in Niall's eyes.

While Zayn was being taken care of, Niall wiped his tears and made his way back outside. Immediately he took out his dark blue star and walked towards the audience.

"When I ask, I need someone who did this answer honestly."

"Yes, sir."

"Who shot the arrow and put garlic on the ends?" Niall asked.

Silence.

"I'm asking who did it!" Niall screamed, using his power, thunder claps being heard.

Nothing but silence.

"When I found out who did this, I will have you badly punished. Do you all understand? I don't care what member from what clan did it, but whoever did it will be punished. I don't care if it was accident or on purpose, but you will face the consequences," Niall spoke.

"Why do you care so much about him? His clan took our crest!"

Angry, Niall immediately turned to look at that person. He sighed, and nodded to himself. It was time he told them all.

"Believe me or not, I don't care. And just know, that when I say this, I'm speaking the truth. The Malik Clan did not take our family crest. The 'legend' or 'rumor' was absolute false. The Horan family crest has been stolen, yes. But not by the Malik clan."

"So then who did it?!"

"Better yet, why are you so upset if that Zayn dies?!"

"Because Zayn... I love him. You all thought that the only way to get this tour settled was to have a war. Him and I, we thought otherwise. So we went to libraries in our castles and shops, doing research on this. We found out, that it was both of our enemies' clan. The Edwards. They took our crest because we won the SCREAM tournament," Niall explained.

"As we continued to look for details, him and I became close. We then became more fond of each other than we should have been, but I don't regret it. The Malik clan is innocent. And it's also confirmed that the Edwards Clan will try and do the same to the Malik clan on the night of the Eclipse."

"So this means what, exactly?"

On a wheel chair, Zayn came and heard the blonds words.

"This means that we're going to have to work together. To get along with one another. To accomplish the goal so they don't get the crest! They took my clans crest, but I will not allow them tow take another vampire clans crest! Before the Eclipse, we're going to have to train. Work hard and get ready for war."

"I want everyone to apologize to one another and shake on it. Because of a rumor that wasn't true, we have not been well. And we're going to give the Edwards Clan what they truly deserve! We aren't going to take their crest, because that'll make things worse. But we'll make them sorry for it and spend two hundred years in the chambers."

Jesy told Zayn to be careful as he wheeled himself where Niall was. The blond smiled, Zayn fitting his hand with Niall's. "We aren't enemies, we're a team. A great team who will fight for what's right."

People from the Horan and Malik clan nervously apologized to one another, hugging and shaking hands. Zayn and Niall looked at one another and smiled, holding the others hand tightly as their clans finally started getting along.

▪ ▪ ▪