44. Sadly Happy

Chapter 44: Sadly Happy

Shirayuki looked at her timepiece again; the sweep second hand ticked thirteen times before the minute hand rotated along with the hour hand on her Roman-dial wristwatch. Nine o'clock it was, and late it was getting. Her eyes searched for Zen. With a frustrated sigh, she signaled where she was going to Obi and took off to the nearest private terrace upstairs for fresher air and be alone.

"Pardon me," Shirayuki uttered, slightly curtsying. "Countess Kiki Rouen-Seiran."

The rare-amazing smile of Kiki appeared on her face when she curtsied back. "What have I done to deserve such unusual curtsy, and a recognition of my new full name?"

Shirayuki took a few steps, now standing beside Kiki, enjoying the night scenery from the Seiran residence. "Nothing exactly, milady," Shirayuki said, smiling as she slightly glanced over to Kiki, who was wearing her beautiful white Trumpet wedding gown with a Halter-neckline and a beautiful messy Chignon hairstyle.

"Everything went surprisingly fast."

Shirayuki nodded, agreeing with Kiki. "It was - and still is - perfect. The ceremony, the aftermath celebration. Everything. Was just perfect. As expected from the daughter of an Earl."

Kiki smiled.

It was certainly very fast. Kiki was engaged about weeks ago, and now she's married to Mitsuhide. The audience was pleased with the ceremony. A wedding suitably planned for late Summer and early Autumn, which turns out to be 15 Celsius degrees.

Shirayuki's eyes then found Zen with Mitsuhide, including Lord Lugis.

"He was invited?" Shirayuki asked, astounded to see Lord Lugis. "He wasn't seen at the ceremony, though."

"Of course he wouldn't come to the ceremony. It's like being invited to your ex's wedding," Kiki answered scornfully. "Not that I even thought of inviting him, but Mitsuhide insinuated it would be very considerate of me."

For Shirayuki, it was very well-thought-of Mitsuhide. A good way of showing harmony between Lord Lugis and Mitsuhide.

They were also somewhere private, with a see-through large glass perfectly viewing them. Lord Lugis bowed and left. After a while, Obi joined them. From the look of it, it seemed Obi teased Mitsuhide, making Zen laugh.

Eventually, Shirayuki realized she wasn't the only one watching them from afar, but also Kiki.

"Shirayuki, up there," Kiki informed Shirayuki, then she looked up. It was Lady Haruko meters away from them, also enjoying the beautiful view, and clearly, her eyes were viewing Mitsuhide, Obi and Zen, too, but mostly Obi. "Are they a mutual yet?"

"I'm not really convinced. Obi has yet to speak about his relationship," Shirayuki answered, taking her eyes off Haruko and concentrating on the scenery in front of her. "Ever since I told Obi and set them up, he has been then off-limiting. I think he's still thinking about it."

"Definitely, he is going to think about it. If Obi decides to marry her, fortunately for him, he won't become a Marquis, and probably the most disturbing part is becoming an in-law to someone who hired him to prevent you from entering the castle and seeing Zen a long time ago. Who knows what orders he will give if he decides to marry his daughter."

"Unlucky for him." After an uncomfortable silence, Shirayuki asked, "Will we be able to see each other again? If this day passes,

"Not really certain." Then Kiki quickly added, trying to cheer the gloomy atmosphere, "But we can meet after being reported by Lady Adela to his Majesty."

Shirayuki couldn't help but laugh. Such a beautiful memory from when she was still engaged to Zen and almost everything she did wrong was reported to Majesty Izana.

Minutes later, manly voices were heard behind the ladies, and they knew to whom they belonged to.

"Can the bride and the spouse both be out of the ballroom and presence of their guest like that?" asked Shirayuki seconds after Mitsuhide, Obi and Zen joined them on the private terrace.

"Not really sure, but it wouldn't hurt to let the newlyweds be from the guests for a while," Obi answered, wriggling his eyebrows towards Mitsuhide. Mitsuhide knocked Obi in his abdomen, perfectly understanding Obi's obscure sentence. It took Shirayuki a while before she also realized the real meaning of Obi's linguistics, then she lightly flushed of embarrassment.

Then Zen broke in, "Unfortunately, it's time for us to take our leave for Wistal, Shirayuki,"

Shirayuki then unfolded her arms and hugged Mitsuhide for minutes. Then hugged Kiki too, even longer. "Congratulations on your union. I wish you success and lots of blessings from above."

"Thank you so much."

They released. "I will see you... sometime in the future, after being reported by-"

"Lady Adela!" The very best lady friends said in unison, mimicking Lady Adela's normal strict posture.

Everybody hugged Kiki for the last time - except for Mitsuhide, of course - and also shared their last words. The last smile on each other's face before Shirayuki turned her back followed by Zen and Obi, leaving Mitsuhide and Kiki back on the terrace, hoping most in their heart to see her someday.

A/N: Sorry I haven't been able to update. I've been really sick lately, so please excuse me.