33. Transfusion

Chapter 33: Transfusion

About one and half years ago had the Queen given a male heir to the throne of Clarines after nearly four years into wedlock with Majesty Izana.

Three months into a five-month marriage had their Highnesses Prince Zen and Shirayuki announced a jubilant announcement of Princess Shirayuki being pregnant.

---***---

The castle was filled with lots rumors and gossips about their Princess. Everyone was indeed very anxious to know what was going inside the chamber room.

It was early morning.

Everyone had wakened up, expecting the announcement of the new royal baby. But there was none.

The royal announcers, who usually announced anything current about the royal family, including birth(s) of a new royal baby(s), had yet to inform anything. Also, the midwife and the nurses have been indoor since midnight. No one hasn't made a public announcement or an appearance, even Prince Zen.

.

.

.

He stood there with nothing to do. He just stared and stared and... he sighed.

His prayers were simple; the Heavens should be merciful to him and let his wife and children survive. That's all.

He felt like crying.

But no tears flowed. No matter how much he tried. It was so painful to cry or even whine about it. He felt pain. He underwent grief.

It really pained him.

He sat down near her and placed a gentle kiss on her pale and forcefully white-colored lips.

He caressed her unique red hair like he has been doing since midnight. It was now morning. His nose inhaled her beautiful hair. The sweet-apple-womanly perfume was lost. It was no more there. He misses it.

 "Shirayuki..."  

It was all gone.

Zen's hands massaged Shirayuki's palm so carefully that his hand wouldn't make any accidental movement towards the tube. Yes, Shirayuki's life was being supported by a hanging bag blood tube.

After the sudden collapse of Shirayuki, Zen had contacted the midwife.

It was a really tense moment. Zen panicked. After checking Shirayuki, the midwife said she had a bad news. Zen certainly didn't want to hear it. He was so scared to know what was wrong with his beloved.

After finally summoning some courage, Zen was told Shirayuki's blood vessels were working improperly in her body system.

She lacked blood. That's why her body wasn't responding to anything. Not even to the kisses of his dearest husband.

It really broke Zen's heart.

Opportunely, there was a spare blood for her.

During when Shirayuki had been discovered of having Placenta Previa, the midwife, nurses and female obstetrics and gynecologists had suggested having a spare blood for Shirayuki as having placenta previa could make her loose blood easily at any time.

Unfortunately, Shirayuki had a very rare blood type, that no one inside or even outside the castle could donate blood to the suffering Princess, including Zen. Her blood type was founded to run only in her family, from her father's side.

Shirayuki after a while contacted her first cousin, Hiroyuki, and her father, Mikaze of what was currently going on with her.

Several days later, Hiroyuki and her father, Mikaze had volunteered of being donors, as they shared with Shirayuki the same rare blood.

Shirayuki was relieved.

It has been exact hours since Shirayuki had closed her eyes, and same goes for his children. No good news from the midwife too. The children are reacting really strange compared to newborn babies. They're still not breathing well, no movements at all. It really scares him.

Zen stood up slowly from the mattress where his dearest laid on and made a way to the large windows inside the spacious room. He inhaled a long breath and exhaled. He's been doing it for the past hours to calm his nerves and give him some hope.

He wouldn't know what to do if anything happens to his dear ones.

.

.

.

A/N:

A very short part to clear things out for the next chapter.

In case anyone is wondering, Shirayuki is undergoing a blood transfusion. A blood transfusion usually takes from 1-4 hours, but it also depends on how badly the patient needs blood and also given, especially, in Shirayuki's case.  

And thank you so much for the lovely reviews and comments :)