23. New Ladies

Important information in the authoress' note. Please be kind and read.

Chapter 23: New Ladies

The night was so short, very short. Even the newly-weds couldn't agree more. The new Grand Prince of Clarines had woken up hours ago. He had seen his mother at dawn before she had departed her way to Wilant and other visitors too. He had thanked them for their gifts, kindness, participative and support. Of course, Shirayuki had told him to wake her up when he wakes up, but Zen couldn't do that. She looked and Zen also knew how exhausted she was.

He had given her a small kiss on her lips when he had woken up. He had starred at her for a moment. That's when he realized Shirayuki was wearing his engagement necklace he had given to her on their proposal night, but with the long length, making it difficult to spot. She might have have been wearing it the whole time. Zen couldn't help but smile brightly.

The memory of today's morning kept repeating itself inside his cerebrum, making him always reacting to it. He walked past the familiar corridors and finally reached his newly-renovated office. His sudden opening made his attendants stop what they were doing.

"Good morning, Zen," Kiki said elegantly as she held a book in her hands. Zen immediately smiled at her with as a response. He averted his eyes to his other aides, they were also smiling elegantly. Zen raised his eyebrows at the scene but ignored it in a second. He walked to his chair. He could still feel eyes on him. They were waiting for their first orders from their Grand Prince. Zen had taken a deep breath. He gave Mitsuhide and Kiki an order of what to do. They nodded in an understanding.

After minutes of Zen given orders, Obi asked, "And me, Master?"

"I won't be ordering you anymore."

Obi was immediately taken back. "Why?" He asked.

Zen took something from his desk. He threw it to Obi. Obi caught it and read what was on it. He blinked many times. "Master?"

"Yes, your new occupation."

Obi looked at the tag again. It had his name on and his job: Aide to the Grand Princess of Clarines. He was just shocked he had been promoted.

"If you like, you can still be my immediate knight," Zen added.

Obi was overwhelmed with his master's trust, even though he knows about his feelings for Shirayuki. Obi felt like he was being trialed, but he put the feelings aside and thanked his master for trusting him. Zen had gracefully accepted his thankfulness.

"If possible, could Obi and I exchange places for a while?" Asked Kiki. Everyone was puzzled to her proposal.

"Why?" Zen questioned.

"Because I had promised Shirayuki few things and I also know she would need my full assistance, that's why I would Obi and I to exchange places for the first few months. That's if he's also okay with it."

After Kiki's explanation, Zen turned his head to Obi. "What do you say, Obi?"

Obi knew what Kiki was confabulating about. He nodded and answered, "I have nothing against it."

"Then we're clear," Zen said. Mitsuhide started proceeding his work, just like his Prince had ordered him to do, Obi had taken Kiki's place and Kiki had left the office.
.

.

.

Whilst the court workers and the royals themselves had woken up a few hours ago, there was still a lady who was still lying in bed. She roamed on the large bed. Lazily opened her eyes into half-opened eyes. She turned to the side her husband had slept yesterday night. He wasn't there. She remembered yesterday, during their conversation, when he had said he had an important early meeting and wanted to see the visitors off.