18~ Rian

Rian stumbled back, caught off guard from the force of Theo's punch.

"Ooohh, baby brother can punch." He said while wiping blood from his nose.

"What do you want?" Theo said with venom in his voice.

"Can't a man just visit his family without being questioned?" He said, fake hurt lacing his deep voice.

"No," Theo said.

It was about now he noticed me watching the exchange between the two.

"Well well well. Look who we have here. Oh, and she's wearing a ring too! Must be good in bed," he said disgustingly, waving his beer around.

Theo was ferocious.

"You son of a -" he agressively lunged forward but I stopped him by placing my hand on his shoulder.

"It's not worth it," I whispered to him. He calmed by the feeling of my touch.

"Aww," Rian cooed. "He needs you to tame him, right?" He mocked.

I felt his fists clench and unclunch multiple times before grabbing my hand and beginning to walk away.

I let go and faced Rian straight in the eyes.

"What's so wrong with falling in in love? Surely you must have felt it before- oh wait. Nevermind. What kind of a crazy woman would love you," I said, watching his defeated eyes.

He stumbled for a response for a few seconds before deciding on, "Bitch."

I shrugged. "I've heard worse."

And then Theo and I headed home, leaving the drunk idiot alone.

He was about to silently head to his room to sleep but I stopped him.

"You can't seriously think I'm going to let you sleep without talking about this."

He let out a sigh and turned around, looking as if he aged a few years.

"What could you possibly want to know?" He said exausted.

I sighed to myself and dragged him over to the couches. I threw a blanket on him too.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a brother?" I started.

"I don't."

"Then who was he?"

"An asshole who ruined my family's life," he responded.

"Theo, if you want me to help you need to let me in," I said sighing. I couldn't bear to see him like this.

He said nothing.

I was about to call it a night and let it go but he continued.

"He had a girl."

This intrigued me. How could such a man ever be in a relationship?

I looked over at Theo and it looked like he was recalling memories he didn't want to.

"Theo," I started gently. "What happened?"

"He owned a really successful business, and one day, it went bankrupt. Every penny gone. Day by day he sunk himself in alcohol and depression. At the time he was engaged to a girl. She tried so fuckíng hard to help him but nothing she did worked," he started but stopped. It looked like he was going to have difficulty saying the next words.

"One day, they went on a date. He was driving there and he was drunk out of his mind. She tried telling him to stop the car but he just wouldn't listen."

Uh oh. I felt like I knew where this was going.

"They crashed. Into me," he said in a monotone voice.

I gasped, I couldn't help it. I held his hand for support and he gave me a slight squeeze.

"I made it off much easier than they did. Rian survived with just a few broken bones. But she, died on impact. His alcohol bottle went straight through her neck," he said before I saw a small tear leak out of his eye.

And then I hugged him.

And boy did he hug me back.

I held him for a few minutes before he took a breath and continued.

"That's not all. She was pregnant."

And then I started tearing up. I unconsciously stroked my stomach and he did too.

"It's the reason I'm so protective of you. I never want to see you get hurt," he said.

"He must feel awful," I broke the silence.

"He should."

I didn't say anything after that. How could I?

I headed to his room, knowing the drill.

We cuddled for a bit before sleeping. I woke up once in the middle of the night to hear Theo crying silently. It broke my little heart, but I knew he had to tough it out a bit. The memories hurt.

I unconsciously rubbed soothing circles on his back until he slept.

Once I finally heard his shallow breathing I was satisfied.
**
Really short chapter, I'm sorry!

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! WOHOO.
(Nov 23)

I'm going to be spending my time with family so I just wanted to give y'all a quick update.

Hopefully this will do for now *shrug*

Please vote and comment for my birthday! It only takes a few seconds and it really makes my day!

Let's try to reach 30k today!

Take care 😘